Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Software updates required to fly

doyler89

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently bought a karma drone and attempted to fly it for the first time on Friday however when I tried to launch it, it requested that I download the latest version of SW and unfortunately I was in the dessert and unable to update even with my phones hotspot.

Is there anyway to get notifications via emails or the gopro app regarding the release of the SW updates? I was left very frustrated as I had just updated the SW the previous week so did not expect another one would be required so soon and therefore did not check before I left the house. I will for sure check all SW is updated before leaving the house in the future but it would be convenient to get some notifications also.

Thanks in advance
Colm

I registered with GoPro and get email every time an update is available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I always update before testing.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

If your Karma came with version 1.5...DO THE UPDATE to 2.x. There were major issues with 1.5 causing fly aways and a hose of GPS issues. I experienced a fly away when in Maui and now my Karma sits at the bottom of the Pacific ocean. It was a huge challenge but I finally got GoPro to replace my Karma and Hero. Nothing anyone should have to experience. So take it from my experience...do the update.

Reactions: renevn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS