Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

RyDizy

Reaction score
A couple days ago I went out to fly the Karma Drone near the ocean...

I waited for the GPS signal to acquire which it did. I was on a hiking trail going along the edge of a cliff. I sent it up in the air and got a few minutes in...Since I was on the edge of a cliff I let the drone hover for a second while I found a good flat spot to get my footing. When I looked back down at the controller I noticed it said "Sensor Error" - Returning to Launch site.

I looked up to see the drone and it was raising in elevation, but did look like it was headed back towards me. I was panicking a bit since I was on a narrow hiking trail. To it's credit it did return to my location, but not to my exact launch location. It ended up landing on a not so even surface and flipped over off of a rock. Amazingly none of the blades broke, and it seemed fine.

I took it to a new location shortly after and re calibrated everything. I put it back into the air (Lower this time) and tried to make sharp turns. Quick stops etc as a test. It seemed to operate fine.

Anyone know what "Sensor Error" would mean? I've tried googling this and haven't come up with much.

I'm not sure what "sensor error" would mean. It obviously isn't GPS related as that apparently produces a specific error message, and it also wouldn't return home. The only other sensors that I can think of would be the landing legs - they must be extended for flight - and maybe it couldn't detect that they were extended for a short period of time?

It's probably a question I'd post to the GoPro community forums.

As for its behavior afterwards, that sounds exactly as expected - it decided to "return home", and its climb before returning would be due to whatever your "return home altitude" was set to. Pity about the hard landing, but that's always better than it just hovering until it drops.

It's not advised because it's potentially dangerous, but on many occasions I've "caught" mine in an open palm rather than landing it in dust/dirt/grass. Just stay clear of the props! :)

Reactions: RyDizy
I'm not sure what "sensor error" would mean. It obviously isn't GPS related as that apparently produces a specific error message, and it also wouldn't return home. The only other sensors that I can think of would be the landing legs - they must be extended for flight - and maybe it couldn't detect that they were extended for a short period of time?

It's probably a question I'd post to the GoPro community forums.

As for its behavior afterwards, that sounds exactly as expected - it decided to "return home", and its climb before returning would be due to whatever your "return home altitude" was set to. Pity about the hard landing, but that's always better than it just hovering until it drops.

It's not advised because it's potentially dangerous, but on many occasions I've "caught" mine in an open palm rather than landing it in dust/dirt/grass. Just stay clear of the props! :)

Thanks for the reply. I was definitely thankful it at least came back and somewhat attempted to land properly. Could have been much worse! Are there sensors under the propellers? Maybe it could be something there as well? I've always thought about grabbing it out of the sky, but...looks like it could end badly sometimes. Haha

The only sensors that I'm aware of are in the arm-joints.... Some where I saw an instances where the karma complained that one if the arms was not fully extended

Reactions: RyDizy
The only sensors that I'm aware of are in the arm-joints.... Some where I saw an instances where the karma complained that one if the arms was not fully extended

Just went out flying it and it seemed to function normally. Maybe that was it? Can't imagine I'd do something like that, but who knows. I did happen to see one other kid on the GoPro community forums say he saw sensor error appear, but he said his drone crashed.

Shrugs shoulders,,,

Thanks for the reply

So I wrecked my Karma tonight and it was stuck high in a tree. After knocking it down I replaced the propellers and recalibrated it.

As soon as it lifts off it it says "sensor error" and begins to land from launch point. I fought it after the 4th time of this and just held the altitude ascend to see how it did. I noticed it climbed to 480ft before I let off and normally I get the "maximum altitude" chime at 400 exactly and it stops climbing.

Does anyone know if this sensor cab be fixed,

Hi. I'm facing these problem and I don't know what to do there is no damage to the arms and go pro keeps telling me to recheck the arms to see if there is any damage to them but there is none do you know what to do if yes please help me

Perhaps you could review a video on arm replacement. You can then check all the arms to assure they are attached correctly and that the connections are clean. It could be something internal.

I get that as well. The next time that error occures, look at the bottom left corner of the controller screen; you'll see a small "x" in a circle. Press that, it clears the error. I'm not sure what causes the error, I came here hoping to find out...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS