Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Scary Karma

vagzubi

Reaction score
Hello everybody

I just would like to say hello. I got my Karma with a Hero6 for christmas. Unfortunatly at the third flight, the Karma crashed (with over 90km/h) into the woods. GoPro was quit nice and is sending me a replacement. However, due to this accident, i got online and searched for simalar events and found them (like in this forum). Now im not realy sure if that is just bad luck and the new one will be better, or if that is a regular thing. I understand that in forums etc many people get together because of problems. Otherwise they would not start to search for the topics.
So i would like to ask, if there also people around were the Karma does the job, without big problems. Since im still in the timeframe for a return, im considering this as an option.

Kind regards

Hello,

I have had the Karma for quite some time now and have had zero issues with the unit itself. The only issue I ran into is with their airspace map when flying near the Canadian border.

I actually really like the Karma. It’s simple to use and it has most of the features I want.

That being said, now that GoPro is not making the Karma anymore you might want to consider another brand of Drone that will continue to be updated and improved.

Like I said, I’ve really had a good experience with the Karma so far. Maybe I just got lucky but I haven’t had any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback.
The Karma fits my needs, with the moduls. I wouldnt buy a DJI, with a fixed cam, I realy like the concept of the Karma.
I would be fine with no updates, if it works, but that is the thing with software. Software is never perfect.
Im just scared, that it happens again and GoPro is the second time not that understanding.

I cant belive that all units that are produced are that bad, we would see massiv more complains. Maybe I give her a second shot. Otherwise i still could return it under warrenty clame. Usually the shop where we bought the Karma is quite helpfull and offers you a refund after the second or third warrenty clame.

Hi everybody,

I have now flew my Karna for almost 10 hours. No problems at all. I have read at lot of those complains and looks at a number of videos where people are flying for first time and crashed. The problem I can see is that a number of those beginner pilots chose wrong place for flying but most they try to fly without reading TFM. As I have read and follow the manual all my flights have been without problems.

Reactions: Billybob
Hello everybody

I just would like to say hello. I got my Karma with a Hero6 for christmas. Unfortunatly at the third flight, the Karma crashed (with over 90km/h) into the woods. GoPro was quit nice and is sending me a replacement. However, due to this accident, i got online and searched for simalar events and found them (like in this forum). Now im not realy sure if that is just bad luck and the new one will be better, or if that is a regular thing. I understand that in forums etc many people get together because of problems. Otherwise they would not start to search for the topics.
So i would like to ask, if there also people around were the Karma does the job, without big problems. Since im still in the timeframe for a return, im considering this as an option.

Kind regards
I have a 2017 Karma with Hero5 Black. I'm a Realtor and I use it for my listing videos. It has worked perfectly for me especially with its auto shot paths which allow me to focus on the controlling the video content without worrying about flying the aircraft simultaneously.

Reactions: SurfDog
I have 5 1/2 hours flight time on mine under a wide variety of conditions and zero problems except for one dumb mistake I made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First 5 flights no problems except pilot error.

5 plus hours here and short of a crash on its maiden voyage (lost 3 props and convinced me to get GoPro Care) and stupidly (trying to) fly in 40 MPH wind gust (lost 3 pros and an arm - all replaced by GoPro Care) we have had no issues.

There seem to be issues with Wi-Fi interference. There are free Wi-Fi scanner apps online. I wouldn't fly my drone in a windstorm--might be good to check for Wi-Fi storms in the projected flight area. I don't think the Karma Wi-Fi channel can be changed (with current software) and I believe it is channel 1.

Hello,

I have had the Karma for quite some time now and have had zero issues with the unit itself. The only issue I ran into is with their airspace map when flying near the Canadian border.

I actually really like the Karma. It’s simple to use and it has most of the features I want.

That being said, now that GoPro is not making the Karma anymore you might want to consider another brand of Drone that will continue to be updated and improved.

Like I said, I’ve really had a good experience with the Karma so far. Maybe I just got lucky but I haven’t had any issues.

Thank You!
I always read all this stuff about issues and problems with the Karma, and most of it just seems to be down to pilot error and lack of skills, Iv had my Karma for several months now, I fly it multiple times per week and have Never crashed once, I even bought the GoPro Care for it so I would feel better about more risky maneuvers, still no crash lol.
Only issue I come across is once In awhile the gps drops out, but it ushaly recovers pretty quick, but atleast 8 times Iv been flying it, high and far, and the gps never came back on, but it didn’t just fly away like most people say, because I actually know how to fly and flew it back to me and landed it, I even have video of me doing this in the middle of a snow storm with the wind blowing realy hard, still No Crash .
Again thank you for actualy saying something good about the Karma, it’s not the best drone ever, but it’s video quality is amazing and I honestly love the way it flys

Hello everybody

Kind regards
I owned two Karmas....had problems with one flying away...never found it...go pro checked flight logs and admitted it was product malfunction and did replace it...I really do love the Karma but with all thats going on with the company I have returned both my Karmas and I took flight in my new DJI Phantom just this morning.
So for about the same price I think the DJI is a whole lot more drone than the Karma would ever be.
Good luck go pro

Attachments

• 20180119_193059.jpg
    20180119_193059.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20180119_195403.jpg
    20180119_195403.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 11
I have over 20 hours on mine. Crash it a few times, but because I was in a hurry and didn’t calibrate. I fly a lot over the ocean and beaches, so now I calibrate the compass before every flight and have had no issues.
The only issue I have seen is flying at a far distance. The signal goes yellow all the time, but if I go further, it goes red and I turn back. I NEVER let it out of sight, so probably a 1/8 of a mile is the all I feel comfortable with. I took it as far a 1/4 of a mile, but wouldn’t do that regularly. Overall I love mine and the video is amazing! Just be careful of flying conditions and you will be fine.

I had problems with mine, had to send it bad to Go Pro they are sending me a replacement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS