Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Release Date Announced

PTCX

Reaction score
I got an email today from GoPro with the following video attached.
They say change is comming 19 September
I'm keen to see what it actually looks like,and costs.Debit card on standby,lol.

Last edited:
Related story...

GoPro's Karma Drone Release Date Set For September 19

"So what do we know about the GoPro’s Karma?
Absolutely nothing. It’s as if Woodman and GoPro have stolen a page from Steve Jobs/Tim Cook and Apple. The occasional rumor? Sure. Anything concrete? Anything at all? Absolutely not, squat, bupkis. Nothing from the supply chain, no photos, not even drunken bragadoccio from an engineer working on the project trying to impress someone."

Reactions: clackey
The latest Karma teaser clip from GoPro
http://click.email.gopro.com/?qs=07...bfe15b86c3f80c9e5b8d36df84f210d741b41345eddc5
Some pretty smooth moves in that clip.
I would like to know how they get these shots with no sign of prop wash,papers or hair not moving for instance.The same as in one of the early videos where it was flying through the bush and the leaves and grass don't get blown around.Maybe narrow FOV setting.
10 days to go so we'll find out soon.

Ya, my initial reaction is that it wasn't taken from a drone. It even looked like the camera "wobbled" for just a second when it went under the light like it was handed off from one person to another. Or maybe they just edited that part.

If that truly is video from karma then it is quite impressive.

It even looked like the camera "wobbled" for just a second when it went under the light like it was handed off from one person to another.

Yea I spotted that and was thinking the same,but surely GoPro wouldn't do that,would they?

A new teaser video is being sent out today.
There's a quick glimpse of a Karma flying into shot from the upper right 15 seconds in.
It looks much like the pictures we've seen.

Ya, my initial reaction is that it wasn't taken from a drone. It even looked like the camera "wobbled" for just a second when it went under the light like it was handed off from one person to another. Or maybe they just edited that part.

If that truly is video from karma then it is quite impressive.

I think it's possible that they include, or it transforms into, a portable gimbal (like the typhoon does) that you can hand-hold. That's the logical explanation. All drones, including the one in the latest video, need propulsion and make noise... neither of which were evidenced in the library video.

I think it's possible that they include, or it transforms into, a portable gimbal (like the typhoon does) that you can hand-hold. That's the logical explanation.
I see that as very possible as the web site that was prematurely updated showed a hand held gimbal so it could be as you say.Possibly available as a stand alone unit and also as an optional extra with Karma.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
playboy