Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Range Extender Antenna

Thanks much for posting! My case is pretty jam-packed but it looks like it'll work. I've only had my Karma a few weeks, and I love it.

I am having some connectivity issues though. Indicator turning orange at about 300' distant, 30-100' elevation with no obstructions.
Also it seems to be off in it's orientation; when I'm standing directly behind the drone the arrowhead indicator is in the 2 o'clock position on the controller screen. To center the drone in the green field I need to turn my body about a quarter turn counter clock wise. Not the easiest way to keep my on it. The drone has been calibrated, and all batteries fully charged. Is there a process for calibrating the controller? Could one the controller antennas be malfunctioning? Everything else seems flawless. Any input or ideas are greatly appreciated

The colors on the radar don’t have to do with signal strength at least, not accordinf to GoPro:

Those instructions explain a lot, and probably explains a lot about lost signals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes,It was sold.

Yes,It was sold.

Sorry Billybob should have paid more attention to check the age and see for myself that the antenna had been sold.. My apologies. You have used the antenna for a year, straight out Brother does it work? I just bought in to the GOPRO Karma with the unbelievable 299.00 refurb deal from gopro. Got it 10 days ago and it is freaking awesome. It is as close to new condition as I can imagine. In any case first flight I got approx. 1400 FT distance at an altitude of 250 ft before signal was lost and I got that first Karma is returning to launch and I started holding my breath and freaking out it returned to the exact spot, outstanding. In any case how will this antenna improve performance?

It works great ! There was someone on here that tested it and came up with some numbers. I don’t remember them but I think it boosts at least 50%

I think most of the lost signal problems come from the antennas being internal on the controller.

This gentleman seems to have also modified the antennas in the aircraft.

Hmmm yeah pity he doesn't speak.

There is a lot of room in the case. Assume no charger if three batteries? The antenna will fit.

The reason they put thumbscrews on the mount is to take it on and off. I got shorter, softer cables from China on eBay to make it even more easy. No big deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Do you have a link for the shorter, softer cables? TIA

Found on eBay. They came from China. Don’t have link.

“Mod reinforcement” work not clear at all especially anything done on rear of aircraft. There are two antennas on front of aircraft and looks like old red wires replaced with “pure silver” wires. It sure why silver. Look like mor wire length and may be tuned to WiFi freq. but gave never seen any WiFi antenna configured like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS