Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Prop Took

Noxcyn

Reaction score
Hey, I got my Karma second hand and it works fine no issues so far but I dont seem to have a wrench key for the props. Does anyone know where I can buy them?

I dont see them on the gopro site or Amazon.

Is it possible the key is tucked into the karma somewhere or is it only supposed to be with the pack of spare props?

No, key is not inside the Karma.
No, key is not part of a set of spare props.

In fact you don’t really need this key. I tighten the props by hand. Never used the key. Everything is fine for me.

No, key is not inside the Karma.
No, key is not part of a set of spare props.

In fact you don’t really need this key. I tighten the props by hand. Never used the key. Everything is fine for me.

I agree. I never use the key. I tighten the props by hand, per manufacturer instructions. The key might be helpful to extract a broken blade if you crash, but I'm sure there are other tools that will equally do the trick.

If I remember correctly the two blade keys were attached to the prop box in the original packaging.
As Shon said I think you really only need them if you have a broken prop to remove.
I have seen them on EBay for about AU$5 second hand.
Good luck.

If you really want them you can find them on eBay. But just hold the motor with your fingers and screw off the props or if they're broken off a pair of pliers to loosen them a little bit and walla! your good to go. Snugging up new props is simple hold the motor spin on the new prop and give it just a tiny bit more. They're not coming off there, light pressure is all you need, to much your going to ruin a motor.

I only used key once to change damaged prop, otherwise I just hand tighten. Do a google search maybe on where to obtain one.

Reactions: SurfDog
There's three sellers selling them on eBay. Type in GoPro Karma Propellar tool. I tried to post a link but it didn't work.... Might be slow cuz I'm uploading video to YT though so not sure. Ranged from 7 for 1 or 13-15 for a pair.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS