Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Playing around with Camera modes today

Shon

Reaction score
I got up early, and headed out to a local lake. Unfortunately, Not being all that familiar with the location, the water levels ended up being much lower than I expected, and it took longer than I would have liked to find a suitable location to film. I caught a photo of sunrise, but wasn't quite ready for my drone to fly. I was a bit disappointed with the location, but decided it was better to make lemonade out of lemons.

I flew my drone around a bit, and experimented with some different shooting modes. I attempted to shoot a time-lapse of the shoreline, with "cable cam mode". I wasn't all that impressed with the shot, as the camera seemed to sway to the left and right, rather than stay perfectly straight while it slowly moved down the shoreline. It might have worked better for a subject a bit farther away.

Quite by accident, I discovered that time-lapse while in "follow mode" actually looks pretty cool. I also discovered that if I am at the center of the shot and I want the camera to orbit me, rather than switching to "orbit mode", and lining up the shot...I can simply switch to follow mode, and the camera will easily rotate around me. I'm thinking this mode might be very useful for spiral orbiting, either ascending or descending.

I was also reminded that every time I shut down, and change batteries, my camera automatically defaults to 1080p linear. I need to remember to switch it back as part of my start-up check list.

Things didn't go quite as expected, but at least a learned a few things about technique that will help me in the future...

Time lapse + follow me...going out to give it a try now.

Reactions: shuether and Shon
any footage example?
the GoPro7 is boasting an advanced mode called TimeWrap, the reviewers were quite delighted with.
at the moment I create time-lapse not using GP mode but shooting a normal video and increasing the playback speed.

any footage example?
the GoPro7 is boasting an advanced mode called TimeWrap, the reviewers were quite delighted with.
at the moment I create time-lapse not using GP mode but shooting a normal video and increasing the playback speed.

No I don't plan to post any footage this time around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS