Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Pairing problems

Rory J

Reaction score
Hi i have been having issues 2 kARMA drones, it stopped communicating with the controller and camera and now it will not pair at all also will start up and go to pairing mode but will not shut down unless I pull the battery.
I have tried many attempts now and it just will not do anything other than flash till battery runs out.
I have even cleared controller and reinstalled it all to no avail.
Support so far is not forthcoming from Gopro other than to do the paring setup again funny this drone was working really great till recently
If anyone has similar issues or fixes please let me know.

Roryj

I found this while trying to find more information on the subject. Would be interesting to see more results on this.

Screenshot_20200907-094519~2.png

if its working turn of wifi. so unsaported update dont come in. pass along!

Reactions: Tolbor
An interesting day today started trying pair drone 1 flashing lights no pair pull battery to stop and so on.
So after a number of atempts and a system boot of the controller.
I got it to pair correctly and everything now works again as it should.
The thing is I cannot figure out what happened,as it suddenly just paired as it should so newly charged battery,newly charged controller. Gimble with the camera was added once drone paired and everything updated on the controller and test flight went as normal so a happy end.
I still have another drone which was also working fine until it was looking for GPS update and then once it was found it would then not would not fly and shut down completely no lights at all and strangely the camera seems to connect as drone simbal comes up on it screen.
RoryJ

I still cant pair my Karma, I have tried all the
Hi i have been having issues 2 kARMA drones, it stopped communicating with the controller and camera and now it will not pair at all also will start up and go to pairing mode but will not shut down unless I pull the battery.
I have tried many attempts now and it just will not do anything other than flash till battery runs out.
Support so far is not forthcoming from Gopro other than to do the paring setup again funny this drone was working really great till recently

Roryj
Yep, I'm still not paired, tried all day yesterday, recharging four times.

Most recent update is that on yet another of May be 50 plus attempts with one drone that actually turns on but no more.i did another controller reset and hey Presto things began to happen pairing wise so now all paired again with at least one is operating now the other is completely died

Hey guys what’s up.. I’m new to the group Having the same pairing issues really frustrating.. is there any word if go pro is going to send an update to rectify this problem.

Roryj
Hi there...I started having very exact same problem today,it has come completely out of the blue as the drone was flying beautifully.
resetting the control has done nothing.

Disgusting lack of service from Go-Pro!! over a year of reporting this issue and hundreds of Go-Pro Karma owners affected ... and they happily ignore the problem.

In what world can one reasonably expect a company to continue support of a product they discontinued several years ago. It’s not like an automobile, it is in the end just a “toy”. No I do not work for GoPro and yes I have been though this and I was lucky enough to get replacement Karma body. When it goes it is gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ironspear
In the world where:-

1)This despicable bunch undertook to honour the support and maintenance of their product when they announced the withdrawal of the product from the sales market
2) where they broke the product through the release of a faulty patch to overcome the GPS 1024 week issue at the beginning of last year.

Dont care about their ongoing support - they broke a product that was working 100% through a faulty bit of code - they must fix it - plain and simple.

... and you may consider it a toy - but some people employ the product in a work environment - and it it used to make a living from!!

Reactions: Jimmyriddle
/
In what world can one reasonably expect a company to continue support of a product they discontinued several years ago. It’s not like an automobile, it is in the end just a “toy”. No I do not work for GoPro and yes I have been though this and I was lucky enough to get replacement Karma body. When it goes it is gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
it’s not our fault they discontinued the product they brought onto the market.
All we are asking for is a fix or some dialogue at the very least.

Be nice to have your facts straight.
GoPro discontinued Karma in January 2018 and exited the drone business following a number of stumbles with the product, including a recall just weeks after its initial launch. The company promised it would continue to support the drone after its discontinuation, though it never said for how long. That was 3 years ago.

My Karma and ALL Karmas still flying have had the upgrade and the upgrade worked and works fine. This is not a software issue but a hardware failure that was addressed as long as they had mother boards available. As the Karmas get older they are failing. Software bugs do not work that way.

Any product not making $ for the manufacturer will be discontinued no matter what the product. That is a hard cold fact. That GoPro left some support in place for over 2 years is actually pretty good. Anyone making an intelligent living from a GoPro Karma had plenty of time to adjust to the situation.

I knew I would get slammed for being practical. Have at it. I am out of here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be nice to have your facts straight.
GoPro discontinued Karma in January 2018 and exited the drone business following a number of stumbles with the product, including a recall just weeks after its initial launch. The company promised it would continue to support the drone after its discontinuation, though it never said for how long. That was 3 years ago.

My Karma and ALL Karmas still flying have had the upgrade and the upgrade worked and works fine. This is not a software issue but a hardware failure that was addressed as long as they had mother boards available. As the Karmas get older they are failing. Software bugs do not work that way.

Any product not making $ for the manufacturer will be discontinued no matter what the product. That is a hard cold fact. That GoPro left some support in place for over 2 years is actually pretty good. Anyone making an intelligent living from a GoPro Karma had plenty of time to adjust to the situation.

I knew I would get slammed for being practical. Have at it. I am out of here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am afraid to say that I do believe that you have your "Facts" slightly Skewed!

Not sure who should be held responsible for the "period of support" post withdrawal - but definitely not the consumer.

GoPro have conveniently ignored all requests for support and requests for them to "fix" their stuff-up, for over a year - hence your 3 years is in reality only 2! ... especially given that it now conveniently makes the disgruntled public (that they have conned) look unreasonable by requesting support after 3 years - How Dare these ungratefull Customers?

It is NOT a hardware failure - as in the vast majority of instances where this issue has emerged - the drone has not flown for many months prior to it occurring and I have never heard of time being a viable cause for hardware failure in the IT industry - or possibly the software caused the hardware fault to occur ... but either way they caused the issue.

Just have a problem where unjustified protectionism of under performing suppliers starts being accepted as a valid reason for non performance and the shedding of real obligation to the consumer market.

Just Did - Thank You.

Not sure who should be held responsible for the "period of support" post withdrawal - but definitely not the consumer.
I think nobody can take responsible for the product that already belongs to you including the manufacturer, I have 2 karma since 2019 for my aerial photography and consistently follow the pre-flight procedure and keep the firmware updated, and not push the envelope during the flight, keep positive thinking because the device is belongs to you, others couldn't care less.

True That - but a manufacturer has an OBLIGATION to honor their statements concerning post/after sales service & support! ... especially when they break the product due to inferior patch coding etc. We all look after our equipment and expect the manufacturers to follow suit if they inadvertently (I Hope) damage the product.

Hi, to all mine too have the same problem, still no solution for this problem, i hope the manufacturer will do some solution. thanks to all.

Roryj
I am having the same problems and also can not get any support. They just tell me to post to forum so someone else can diagnose the problem. They do not stand behind their products.

I think if you do like to fly Karma again which I still fly it and enjoy the performance, although it is short of some modern functions like not interfered by wifi signal, longer flying time, autonomous fly function etc., but the footage from Hero 7 is amazing, see the following you tube, he has solved the problem by registering an account to the Gopro support team and fly the Karma again.

Same issue here, I bit the bullet and paid the extra warranty but this time they are saying although it's in the terms of being a subscriber, they will not replace it as it's already out of production. They will not refund me as well. What a shame for an American company making profit by deception. They will fold soon by the way they treat their customers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS