Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Ouch! This has got to hurt

Obviously, if you already own a GoPro Hero 4 or 5, then the Karma is a great deal. For me, it comes down to the right tool for the job. The Mavic with its small size and obstacle avoidance will be great for inspecting buildings, towers, etc. The Karma will probably excel at covering large properties for real estate and for sporting events - gotta love the included steady stick. I plan on getting both because it will expand my capabilities and provide me with a backup drone.

Ok, I need help making a decision: I would like to purchase a stabilization camera system. My options are between the Gopro stabilizer with the Hero 5 (super sexy looking combination), and the DJI Osmo+. I know about the voice command in the Hero 5 and the time lapse feature on the Osmo+. Other than that, can you guys give me the pros and cons of both sets, including the features I mentioned? They are both around the same price range when you buy the complete set.
Thanks.
BTW, do not include the drone in your input. Just want the gimbal for the video.

Just as a handheld/tripod gimbal, the osmo has more features, like 360 panorama. The GoPro stabilizer only moves up and down, not left to right.

Just as a handheld/tripod gimbal, the osmo has more features, like 360 panorama. The GoPro stabilizer only moves up and down, not left to right.

Check this out....at about 00:50 I think you'll see that it's a full 3-axis gimbal. Besides, it's the same one that's attached to the Karma! The Osmo also costs over $600 with a camera - which you can't remove from the Phantom or Mavic. Even the Inspire camera is not compatible with the Osmo from what I understand.

True, another point I'm considering is that the Gopro gimbal looks like it can take rough usage better than the Osmo, plus I get to throw the camera in the water if I want (without the gimbal), something that cannot be done with the Osmo.
How do they compare as far as image quality and ease of use.

you'll see that it's a full 3-axis gimbal

You're right of course, I was thinking about remote control of it, the Karma only tilts, while the osmo can be programmed to do a panorama remotely when it's on a tripod. I suppose the GoPro could add that in software later?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS