Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Opinions on when they will discontinue the karma

Steveatron

Reaction score
So I’m worried that i will happen at the start of next year after Xmas. So I’m now starting to look for spare parts for the moment i crash the drone again. What do you guys think? Am i being silly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just fly it carefully mate.
Plan your flights clearly.
Dont fly off as soon as the drone lifts off.
Let it get a lock on all the GPS sats (I try to let it hover for 30 seconds, I usually slowly turn it left 360 deg and then right 360 deg)
"Slowly slowly catchy monkey"

Reactions: XerxesZ
Just fly it carefully mate.
Plan your flights clearly.
Dont fly off as soon as the drone lifts off.
Let it get a lock on all the GPS sats (I try to let it hover for 30 seconds, I usually slowly turn it left 360 deg and then right 360 deg)
"Slowly slowly catchy monkey"

Trust me i don’t plan to crash but just looking towards the future. Not to mention all the stories of the drones going rouge. Haha

I think it is a realistic concern. For example, the official propellers are no longer sold on amazon, at least not recently. Not to long ago, I could find new arms, landing gear, etc all available to order.

Parts will eventually only be found on eBay or other resellers.

Reactions: Steveatron
I’ve got the GoProCare plan witch offers a 2 year warranty plan. I bought my Karma 2 months ago so I’m sure they will have spare parts for that period. They do still sell props at my local BestBuy in Canada

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Steveatron
I have two sets of complete Karmas. One is for flying and one is for backup. My flying unit is always beeing pushed to the limits. I often fly extremely low and get amazing spectacular footage. That‘s what a Karma is made for. When I crash it - it‘s fortune. It never crashed yet but of it does I will be happy to have a brand new backup unit so the Karma won‘t be lost for me even of it is discontinued. I love flying Karma so much!

E4070A41-1C5C-4AF4-8AB9-F543E5FB2793.jpeg

Last edited:
I have two sets of complete Karmas. One is for flying and one is for backup. My flying unit is always beeing pushed to the limits. I often fly extremely low and get amazing spectacular footage. That‘s what a Karma is made for. When I crash it - it‘s fortune. It never crashed yet but of it does I will be happy to have a brand new backup unit so the Karma won‘t be lost for me even of it is discontinued. I love flying Karma so much!

Wow nice custom case. I’m along the same thought.

Reactions: Dropi57
I’ve got the GoProCare plan witch offers a 2 year warranty plan. I bought my Karma 2 months ago so I’m sure they will have spare parts for that period. They do still sell props at my local BestBuy in Canada

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

unfortunately goprocare isn’t available in Australia..[emoji20]

I love your custom case...very cool.

Is GoPro care actually worth it?

Is GoPro care actually worth it?

I'm sure there are many people that have posted here that regret not purchasing it. I made a conscious decision to not purchase it. with the purchase price, and deductible, it is pretty much half the cost of the drone, or close to it anyway. Minor things like arms or propellers are relatively inexpensive and not worth the cost...

You can also purchase drone insurance through state farm, Progressive, etc. I've heard it can be as little as $60 a year, and cover accidental injury etc...might be a much better deal.

There are also specialized insurance companies that will cover you per flight...but these seem ridiculously expensive over time.

Reactions: Ironspear

Hi, could you tell me where you got the case in the picture on the right? I am familiar with the backpack on the left, but the one on the right is much better for traveling.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

It’s a bw international type 6000 case. Dust, rain and shock proof. The inlay is laser cutted hard foam. Second battery is under the Karma. Right beside the grip is the GoPro bag, a lens cleaning cloth and a GPS tracker. Right side above the propeller compartment are 4 GoPro battery slots. Pretty much useless as the GoPro is charged by Karma while flying. Therefore mine are empty. Unfortunately there is no space left for my lume cube holders and the lume cubes.
A53314A2-7A2C-4269-9F8F-FF33BC95A5D6.jpeg9EDF3B86-CEB5-46D5-9885-2991035AB40A.jpegEFED2EC6-4BF2-49F5-986D-0BF63BE2BD52.jpeg

I got this case from here:
Zubehör Drohnen B&W Copter Case Type 6000/B schwarz mit GoPro Karma Inlay | eBay

Last edited:
Reactions: Dropi57 and Shon
Hi, could you tell me where you got the case in the picture on the right? I am familiar with the backpack on the left, but the one on the right is much better for traveling.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Ditto this...

In six weeks time I will be on the island of Rarotonga in the South Pacific, where I will be going to various locations to get some wonderful hovering shots using a GoPro 5 Black camera. Oh! by the way I have just started to find all the bells and whistles on my new GoPro 7 Black. The built in stability is fantastic.

View attachment 293
Where did you purchase the custom case?

I like what Tony wrote. Steady as she goes, top your batteries up before each flight. Set up your programme and GPS each time you move your site.
Here I something else for you to consider using with your GoPro 5, 6 and 7 black, using the new Suptig WiFi Controller:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS