Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

NO GPS

So I emailed for an update and this is what I got , hopefully it goes in my favour

Thanks for keeping us posted on this case. We would truly like to apologize if you haven't heard any response on our end yet. We are still reviewing the flight logs that you've uploaded using your Karma Controller. Once we are done with the investigation, I will shoot you an e-mail right away.

I would like to thank you in advance for the cooperation and patience that you will be extending until I am able to fully resolve the issue. If you have any questions or concerns aside from what is stated initially, please feel free to include it in your reply to this email. Have a good day!

Winsanity, This coming Wednesday will be two week since I opened my fly-away case with GoPro service. I called this past Wednesday to follow up and shortly after I hung up I received several of the same emails you got. Honestly, I having little faith, but trying to remain positive they will do the right thing.

Winsanity, This coming Wednesday will be two week since I opened my fly-away case with GoPro service. I called this past Wednesday to follow up and shortly after I hung up I received several of the same emails you got. Honestly, I having little faith, but trying to remain positive they will do the right thing.
Ya Man me too , when did you buy the drone ? Have you tried returning it to the store you bought it from ? Just trying to see what are the other options if all else fails with GoPro .

I was thinking on the same line of returning however there is not much left to return! My drone, gimpbe and camera are sitting on the bottom of the Pacific Ocean!!! I purchased from Amazon in early July. I'm waiting till this coming Wednesday to see if I hear something. It will be two weeks since the loss and report to GoPro.

Got another email today

Your flight logs have been reviewed. We will contact you within 2 business days to follow up on the results.

Many thanks,
GoPro Support

I received an email today as well...

"Good day!

I just want to inform you that we're reviewing your flight logs for us to be able to help you out further regarding your concern about Karma. We'll keep you posted once we have all the information coming from the Karma Team.

I would like to thank you in advance for the cooperation and patience that you will be extending until I am able to fully resolve the issue. If you have any questions or concerns aside from what is stated initially, please feel free to include it in your reply to this email. Have a good day!"

Will see...my patience is wearing thin!

Had a case in with Gopro for over two weeks now, same thing. Received the stock reply email about flight logs being reviewed last Thurs and that i was to be contacted within two days, still nothing. Contacted CS here in Australia yesterday to be advised that the case had been closed. Hope full that I will hear something soon, keen to get back in the air one way or another.

Hi Dean,

Sorry for the delay. I've requested our colleague in the US to analyze the logs again. An automated email seems to have been sent out saying that the case has been resolved but hasn't. I'll email them again requesting for the analysis of your flight logs. As soon as I hear from them I'll get back to you straight away.

Many Thanks,

Art

GoPro Support

http://gopro.com/support/

ref:_00Do0HJuF._5001JRlE05:ref

Haven't heard a word from GoPro Karma team! Calling Friday morning to follow up. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Whats up Guys,

So Gopro contacted me on wed , and they were willing to send me replacement parts for all the parts that broke during the crash as a one time courtesy . But I told them the stabilizer broke in half and half of it was stuck inside the drone , and I wasn't able to take it out( which it was). Luckily they agreed to replace the drone and the stabilizer. so I send mine in today. Hopefully everything goes smooth.

They did tell me it was my fault that I crashed!

"That being said, you are the one who is responsible to manually maneuver the Drone and manually land it. Just a reminder, the place where you launch the Drone is not ideal as you were surrounded with houses and residential buildings that can cause interference connection. Our drones do not have a obstacle sensors that is why we are highly recommending you guys to manually control it around obstacles and to launch and use the drone in an open area away from big metal object, large buildings, tall trees and anywhere were there could be an interference like Wi-Fi."

Im most definitely nervous about flying this shit again ! lol but lets see.

Hope everybody here gets something back because they advertise it as if its the easiest and the safest drone to fly! They lucky I'm in love with their cameras lol.

Reactions: deanrobi
After my first update the phone option did not work. Video or bulk photos worked. Got the second up date and went out today and the drone lights up the controller comes on and tells me no gps. touch here. I do that and get ready to launch and it counts down and nothing happens. It tells me to hard boot but I can not find out how to hard boot it anywhere. It sounds like from here it is the second update that is messed up. I think I will see if they will take my stuff back and I will get a DJI

received contact from Gopro Support today stating that the flight logs have failed to transfer and that the incident was probably pilot error but they are happen to replace the damage drone, I'm super happy with that and looking forward to getting back in the air

Reactions: JCLs
Denropi, Happy to hear they resolved and did the right thing by replacing your Karma. How long was your case open with GoPro before they made good and did the right thing?

Update on my case: Received an email from GoPro Support stating they have not heard from me and assume I'm "satisfied" with the outcome. SERIOUSLY! Just two days before I received that email I received an email from the guy I've been in touch with (Edmarc) and he says he's prioritizing my case with the Karma team. Of course I replied stating the case was NOT CLOSED and I'm totally NOT satisfied! That was on the 24th and have not heard word back from them since that email. I work 10+ hour a day so I can't call them and hold on the line for up to an hour or more just to get an update. So I'm forced to use email. Sent another follow up email this morning. Going on 4 weeks now since my case was opened. I researched where there headquarters is in San Mateo, CA. I'm strongly considering a quick flight up there and paying them a visit in person!!!

My case was open on the 12 Aug, I've now got to return the damaged bird via UPS which is not a readily available courier company here in Australia but I have arranged for collection this monday. A 5 - 6 day turn around to receive the new Karma. seems that we are a little luckier here than many other countries, the Gopro support centre for Australia looks to be in Singapore, great support crew and the phone calls are answered straight away.

Well, it finally happened today.... Lost my GPS signal at the beach this morning almost immediately after takeoff & "Boom" off the karma went with me chasing after it. I couldn't stop it with the controller & watched helplessly as it disappeared into the trees... After much searching I finally found it in a hedge looking rather shafted.... I seriously can't believe how many people have suffered with the same issue... I'm lucky, as by way of miracle all that needs replacing are the props... It was kind of like watching Bolt run the 100 meters but in the wrong direction to everyone else.... I don't know if I'll fly it again, it's too dangerous & I'm sure GoPro will eventually get nailed for this, someone's going to seriously hurt.... This karma drone will be the death of GoPro.....

Reactions: CRXPanda
Did you lose GPS or Wifi connection to the controller? karma flies ok without GPS. Seems strange that it flew away. Get the flight logs off to Gopro so they can determine what has happened.

Reactions: Dominic Liam
Can you tell us more @Dominic Liam?

Did you still have video connection and could see the drone's perspective on the controller?

Did it respond to any controller inputs (obviously not as you would have hoped, but did it do anything that you commanded it to via the controller)?

Reactions: Dominic Liam
On this topic of range, I'm not meaning to rub salt into the wound of people who have suffered issues, but I had a positive experience a few days ago.

I had the Karma out at about 1400m - the extreme end of its range at that location - when I was swooped by a magpie. For those of you not in Australia, magpies are bastard birds that swoop unsuspecting people in spring in order to "protect their young" (stupid fucking birds). I instinctively ducked and moved away, but in the process stopped pointing the controller towards the drone.

I immediately received the "connection lost" warning and a black screen on the controller. I feared the worst, with all the tales on this forum and others of the drone going nuts and flying off. Once I'd composed myself and pointed the controller back towards the drone, it picked up the signal and gave me video again. It was returning home as expected.

I gave it a few seconds then adjusted the tilt angle to confirm that I had a good connection, cancelled the RTH and carried on flying.

This was not a loss of GPS as some people have described, but I'm glad to report that, for me at least, it did was it was advertised to do when things go wrong.

On this topic of range, I'm not meaning to rub salt into the wound of people who have suffered issues, but I had a positive experience a few days ago.

I had the Karma out at about 1400m - the extreme end of its range at that location - when I was swooped by a magpie. For those of you not in Australia, magpies are bastard birds that swoop unsuspecting people in spring in order to "protect their young" (stupid fucking birds). I instinctively ducked and moved away, but in the process stopped pointing the controller towards the drone.

I immediately received the "connection lost" warning and a black screen on the controller. I feared the worst, with all the tales on this forum and others of the drone going nuts and flying off. Once I'd composed myself and pointed the controller back towards the drone, it picked up the signal and gave me video again. It was returning home as expected.

I gave it a few seconds then adjusted the tilt angle to confirm that I had a good connection, cancelled the RTH and carried on flying.

This was not a loss of GPS as some people have described, but I'm glad to report that, for me at least, it did was it was advertised to do when things go wrong.

1400m thats a great effort, best I've done was 1200m and the signal was in the orange band so may have been able to push it. was your signal strength in the red or orange at that distance?

It just said Lost GPS connection... Immediately it shot off to my left up the beach (at least it didn't go out to sea) I seemed to have some control but it felt like what ever I did it was added to its left direction.... In other words I couldn't stop its left movement & it was fast. It happened so quickly, it was quite terrifying to be honest... I did not have video connection after the crash and to be honest it's hard to remember what was on the screen as I was quite shook up. I did have what looked like a (dare I say it) GPS locator & that narrowed it down. We were 8 people & it wasn't me who located it. I did use the bleeper but it's too quiet.... I've done a lot of research about Karma & I knew it's faults beforehand & I'm convinced with what I've seen that I'm not the only one to experience this behavior... I did not however know that you could fly without GPS before the incident & that had me wondering if it was my fault due to inexperience in this area... One thing I am sure of is that its left movement couldn't be stopped via the controls.... I'm fortunate that nobody was injured & the drone only needs new props..... Truth is, how can I ever fly it again unless I'm 5 miles from anyone else ? Seems pointless, I can't trust it now ..... Can anyone suggest the best way to contact GoPro over this ? Chat & Call are always busy .......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raith11458