Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Newbie friendly video camera.

Blargshnip

Reaction score
Hi there I'm new to the hobby of drone piloting and just got a drone a few months ago, I've been practicing a while so I dont crash but I now feel like I'm ready to attach a camera to my drone. Just in case though I was wondering if you guys have any
recommendations for a cheap and durable camera to put on my drone, I'm not looking for top quality video just something that I can afford with my limited budget.

G'day mate.

It depends on the quadcopter you have as to how much weight it can carry.
Also depends on your budget.
GoPro Session cameras are expensive.
Try looking into the brand "RunCam" they have a model 3s that is similar to the GoPro Session camera but is less than half the price.
There is also the RunCam2 that sells for about $120 (Australian dollars)
These cameras record at 1080p.
You can get even smaller and cheaper cameras. Have a search of eBay.
Good Luck

Reactions: johan
Doesn’t the Karma require a GoPro, or just the stabilizer?

Hey Blargshnip!

You havent mentioned what quadcopter you have?

Last edited:
G'day mate.

It depends on the quadcopter you have as to how much weight it can carry.
Also depends on your budget.
GoPro Session cameras are expensive.
Try looking into the brand "RunCam" they have a model 3s that is similar to the GoPro Session camera but is less than half the price.
There is also the RunCam2 that sells for about $120 (Australian dollars)
These cameras record at 1080p.
You can get even smaller and cheaper cameras. Have a search of eBay.
Good Luck
The drone I fly is a F100 Ghost drone that was suggested to me by my dad, it's pretty big but it seems to be fairly light, as for the budget I can go pretty high though budget doesn't really matter to me as long as it's a durable camera (I'm new to the hobby and I'm still occasionally crashing my drone trying to learn how to control it)

Apologies for the delayed response, work keeps me busy

I only fly the GoPro Karma drone. Did have a DJI drone once with a GoPro 3 Black camera. The DJI controller was not perfect and did not respond well, were as the Karma controller is as perfect as one can get.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS