Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

New Karma

lakeman70

Reaction score
I have a new Karma that I've had since 2017 with a Hero 6 Black. I just charged everything for the first time last night, I know, I know. Life has really just got in the way. My question is when I power everything on for the first time should I do all the updates? Also, is there a specific order to update each piece of equipment?
Thanks in advance

Reactions: XerxesZ
Good luck, but it will not fly without last update as it will not be able to lock GPS. Let take what it wants when it wants it off internet as you really have no choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: XerxesZ
Good luck, but it will not fly without last update as it will not be able to lock GPS. Let take what it wants when it wants it off internet as you really have no choice.

Thanks, I updated everything earlier today and took a short test flight. Everything went well for my first flight.

Reactions: Shon and XerxesZ
Great!

I hate that GoPro quit the drone business. I think the Karma is an excellent drone. Good luck and enjoy it.
IMO unfortunately they paired with the wrong tech company (I forget who that was) to help them with their drone. I liked the idea of the grip/gimbal being detachable for two uses and I almost got one. (Up to that point I had owned every GoPro they turned out). Now GoPro would have to partner with someone very special to get back into the now, crowded drone marketplace.

IMO unfortunately they paired with the wrong tech company (I forget who that was) to help them with their drone. I liked the idea of the grip/gimbal being detachable for two uses and I almost got one. (Up to that point I had owned every GoPro they turned out). Now GoPro would have to partner with someone very special to get back into the now, crowded drone marketplace.
I agree. I just wish it had worked out differently. Having flown several different drones it still tends to be my favorite. Other than battery life.

I owned a Karma and flew it for a few months. Ended-up moving to a smaller/lighter drone that is more easily carried via backpack and is quieter. It's size and sound tend to attract a lot of attention. However, the Karma and GoPro Hero footage was so smooth. The Karma is also built like a tank and handles high wind speeds really well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS