Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

More from the WW1 Battlefields - Templeux-Le-Guerard British Cemetery.

Another great video mate.
Love the hand held footage.
Blends together beautifully.

Reactions: Steve7
I do like the pictures, editing and subject. May I be a bit nosey and ask why somebody living in Belfast, Northern Ireland is doing this? I have been to a few American Cemeteries in France and the one in Cambridge, UK but no quad with me. You have posted some really nice videos. Nice close proximity flying under trees on this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do like the pictures, editing and subject. May I be a bit nosey and ask why somebody living in Belfast, Northern Ireland is doing this? I have been to a few American Cemeteries in France and the one in Cambridge, UK but no quad with me. You have posted some really nice videos. Nice close proximity flying under trees on this one.

Hi JCLs. I had three members of my family who fought in WW1, so over the years I have spent some time in trying to track the areas of the various battles they fought in, hence the interest.
Two of our family members survived the war, while one remains in France, killed on the first day of the Battle of the Somme.
Having taken so many still images over the years, and plenty from microlights, the drone now gives me that extra bit of freedom to film the battlefield and cemeteries, where possible, from the air.
Hope this helps to explain things.
Steve.

Thanks for response! Makes perfect sense. I am unaware of any relatives from WWI or II who are buried over there. My dad and his brother both survived WWII and my dad is still around at 95! He was stationed in England in Martlesham Heath, one of over 200 airfields built along the coast. He was part of ground crew for 356th fighter group. His brother flew a B-29.

The cemeteries are beautiful, and very special. The drone shots add something. You should see the cemetery in Cambridge one day if you can. Just south of Cambridge there is a really good air museum and active field in Duxford.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS