Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Maybe I need this...

Sniperboy360

Reaction score
After my last ordeal (see Afraid to fly...), a friend of mine gave me a "drone parachute" as a gag for Christmas. Haha, very funny. But while the gift was a gag, the parachute is an actual drone accessory.
I'm curious if anyone has actually tried to rig a parachute to their drone...and how would you deploy the chute?

DroneParachute.JPG

After my last ordeal (see Afraid to fly...), a friend of mine gave me a "drone parachute" as a gag for Christmas. Haha, very funny. But while the gift was a gag, the parachute is an actual drone accessory.
I'm curious if anyone has actually tried to rig a parachute to their drone...and how would you deploy the chute?

View attachment 106

I like the concept, but doubt that this would work. Anytime that my drone has been hurling toward the earth, I was too panicked to do anything but watch in horror. Much less find the “parachute” button.

Assuming this was “auto” deployed, not manual, I envision this simply getting caught up in the rotors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the rate Karma’s are falling out of the sky I would say they better come with one

It would have to be automatic, and I would say that is most unlikely to happen. One thing to invest is a folding helipad. this way you will stop dusty debris from fouling the motors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS