Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Low battery warning, refusal to come down

mjbok

Reaction score
Had a butt clencher today. Got a low battery warning, clicked it off. Flew over to my landing pad. Drone would not come down. Forward, left/right, pivot, but would not come down. I thought for sure I was going to have to try to catch it from 50 feet. Another low battery warning came up and then it let me land.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

Reactions: Steveatron
Yes, this happens quite a bit. Believe it or not your drone is actually working as programmed. Easy fix...just hit the "x" on your control screen that disables auto return to home mode. You will then be able to have full control of your drone and land safely. In a "butt clencher" you might have tunnel vision on your drone...which is understandable...and may not be looking at the controller.

This is a great article to help you understand the "Karma Return to Home Behavior" and better anticipate how to respond to or avoid it:
https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/Karma-s-Return-Behavior

Yes, this happens quite a bit. Believe it or not your drone is actually working as programmed. Easy fix...just hit the "x" on your control screen that disables auto return to home mode. You will then be able to have full control of your drone and land safely. In a "butt clencher" you might have tunnel vision on your drone...which is understandable...and may not be looking at the controller.

This is a great article to help you understand the "Karma Return to Home Behavior" and better anticipate how to respond to or avoid it:
https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/Karma-s-Return-Behavior
Thanks. IIRC I did hit the x at least once before it would come down. Battery was at the 2 minute mark or so, which is why I was starting to panic

Reactions: Steveatron

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS