Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Love my GoPro 6, went to buy the Karma Grip, and bought a Drone - questions??

licmtk

Reaction score
So, i've been using GoPros for years, mostly for surfing, skating, and snowboarding...my kids are getting better and better at these sports, specifically snowboarding, so their videos need to be better and better quality. I was advised to buy the karma grip, but when i went on GoPros site yesterday, they dropped the drone to $599, i already have the 6.

I couldn't resist, but I'm nervous, being a newbie to drones, but have flown and crashed many RC quadcopters, cheap ones. I'm afraid to crash the drone and destroy my camera or grip. how likely is that? i read these forums, and it appears likely that i will crash...so my question is...how protected is the camera and grip? many thanks.

i'm looking at this purchase, as basically a $300 drone...but it is carry $700 worth of stuff i use and find essential. i envision my drone flying for fun, open fields, but eventually confident to shoot the surf, so over water about 100-200 yards away.

another question...if it crashes in the surf, will it sink immediately?

If you crash in the salt water you can kiss your Karma good bye and if its deep you'll never find it, water is not good for these drones

If you crash in the salt water you can kiss your Karma good bye and if its deep you'll never find it, water is not good for these drones
thanks...is that true for the DJI or most any drone? would GoPro care a waterlogged drone or lost at sea drone? thanks.

I can't comment about the water-immersion stuff. I know that Apple won't touch a spill-damaged computer (unless they basically gut it). I'd highly recommend the GoPro care/insurance. You'll be better off buying your own new props at first (considering the deductible), but everything else will essentially be covered, and it sounds like most fly-aways will too (if they're the fault of the drone).

The advice I'm following is, update the software, fly with good GPS signals, and ensure the compass is calibrated. Aside from that, enjoy...it's a neat piece of technology.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
playboy