Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Lost GPS signal on my Karma

Hi there i lost my Go pro karma 2 months ago while flying in the open ground ,my first flight was normal and with my second flight the karma lost the GPS signal and was travelling with such a speed i was unable to control it manually and the connection between controller and karma was lost eventually i was following the karma but with in like 5 seconds out of my sight and i lost the drone, i had my incident reported to Go pro support ,the response was too slow and after like a week they decided to blame on me but i never gave up ,i had a huge argument with them and finally after 2 weeks they decided to send me a replacement, i know the problems you guys are having and i know exactly how you been through its not just your problems its a issue GOPRO need to fix instead of blaming on Customer, I will recommend all of you to argue with them and dont give up ,if you do that eventually they will send you the replacement.
all the best
who did you speak to that eventually send you the replacement?

I am in with law suit!
thinking about a law suit against them too. the same happened to me and they won't give me a straight answer. it is all about is not their fault!!!!! of course it is!! my karma drone flew by itselfe without any posibility of bringing it back to me. I lost total connection of drone and controller! and the drone was never seen again!!!

same story same answers!! i have the same issue , drone flew away , lost total connection from controller and couldn't do anything to bring it back to me. it just went crazy , flew away by itself and never to be seen again! and gave me the same answer of replacing pieces! but they don't get that the drone is lost! never recoverd!

Reactions: Bluebu88
Hey guys, just another rotten egg of a drone... mind you this is the second drone that went MIA after flying over “interfering obstacles” as if the drone wasn’t built to do this. I was trying to collect footage for the football game from the front stoop of my house. Launching the drone it was propelling fine and dandy. As I reached out to 1000 meters or so I begin to find a weak signal however I’ve flown this area numerous times without any chance of it going haywire.. of course luck strikes and it begins to unfold. “GPS signal is lost, landing in place” is what the remote pronounced as I watch the drone gain speed in a northern direction from my house.. immediately I take off barefoot through yards and over fences chasing the inevitable and once I recognize that the GPS signal that it took me to was complete bogus I had figured out that I would no longer see this piece of equipment again. Recently I have dealt with GoPro customer service and have been red in the face speaking with numerous agents, team leaders, etc with a beginning offer of just a replacement stabilizer, harness, and 40% off a new hero 5... furious as I was i redial the customer service and give them a piece of my mind about how this is completely unacceptable and that I demand a MUCH better offer. Now they have reconvened and decided to work up deal number 2: go pro core(drone w/o propellers, stabilizer, and battery, or camera) the harness and propellers with the same 40% off.. of course after reading all the success on this blog I have become enraged telling them how cheap and unethical this was and how every person I spoke to seemed to say that they “understand” but I don’t think they truett feel how much 1200$ is when you watch it fly off into the unknown. So I’m going to be speaking with them again but I will be posting frequently until I get better news otherwise it should be a lesson to many others to be persistent. They DID NOT want to replace anything at all in the beginning but the more I have pestered with them and begged and pleaded after letting them review all my data and an obvious purchase history the more they have came out with the resources they really can tap into.. anyways like a boomerang, I’ll be back.

Wel hello, my drone was MIA too , we were flying it like 30 ft away from us, just to take a picture in front of a business.... and it just did the biggest runaway, super fast started running to my opposite direction without letring me control it. I called go pro first of all concerned as i knew it was not my fault and i didnt know if i hurt someone o damaged something.... but of course they dont even know how to spell a nane how can i spect them to understand what happened? The lady didnt understand and toñd me super calm: if you broke two legs we can replace them if it was a failure.... and i told her : are you getting what im saying? Its lost!! I dont know where it is.... and she told me that may take them 2 days to find it with a gps and send me the location for me to go for it ....well if you are so naive to think that agter 2 days it will still there right? .... now i answered the questionas they sent me by email.... lets see where it takes us .... hopefully they wiñl send a new one..... but they do have an awful customer service, when i first got the combo camera-drone the camera didnt work ... they took almost a month to replace it.... so since that i lnow for sure this will take a while...

same story same answers!! i have the same issue , drone flew away , lost total connection from controller and couldn't do anything to bring it back to me. it just went crazy , flew away by itself and never to be seen again! and gave me the same answer of replacing pieces! but they don't get that the drone is lost! never recoverd!
were you able to get a new drone? or an answer from them?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS