Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Loss of power Karma Crash

Greg Kelly

Reaction score
Just created a case with GoPro on the loss of my Karma this morning. Two minutes into flight had power loss and 200 foot fall to asphalt. Drone is destroyed along with my Hero 4 Silver. Praying I get the service from them that I should. I studied this for a year before I made the decision and felt like they had resolved the issue with the original Karma launch. They have my flight logs,pictures and my YouTube page to view videos already published. Any advice from here would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Jaybob1963
The message from my controller said "Karma not communicating with camera" 2 seconds later it dropped.

They will send you a questioner. Once you fill that, your case will be forwarded to "Karma team" who would take max 5 days to review your case and give you an answer. Make sure you follow-up with them regularly. If they decided to replace your drone and GoPro, they will send you FedEx labels to send the savages to their warehouse. Once that received in their warehouse, they will ship your new Karma. If you regularly follow-up with them, this whole process will take 4 to 5 weeks.

I went through the process when my Karma crash after losing GPS.

Here is their response....
We apologize for delayed response. We just got new information about your flight logs analysis. Here are somekey points:
  • Based on flight log, it confirmed that there is a pitch from the controller meaning that the remote is still communicating with the drone.
  • There was no pre-flight calibration performed. It is a common practice in the drone community to calibrate whenever changing flight locations because it allows the drone to fully synchronize to the surrounding geographical environment.
  • In these situations, it is the user’s responsibility to take action in flying Karma without the position hold feature and land the drone manually and not rely on anything else.

Based on these information it appears that the drone crash was due to both environmental factors and user error. Due to these circumstances we won't bale to cover this under the warranty program. While your situation is not typically covered under Manufacturer’s Warranty, we’d like to extend our assistance and help you out in your current situation. That being said, we can provide you a one-time special exception by sending out courtesy Karma Propellers, Karma Harness and 40% discount towards a purchase of a new camera.  The Karma Core and Karma Stabilizer needs to be purchased directly from the website as a replacement part. Please let me know if you will need anything else.

Regards,

Christopher R.
GoPro Support
https://gopro.com/help

User error.....???? It was calibrated, My SD card was obliterated and they know there is no video of the crash. Not to mention my Hero4 Silver is gone. All the accessories that I purchased.....I am not ready to give up so any advice on like situations would be helpful. This Karma was flown in the same area here numerous times and videos are on my YouTube channel. I sent them links....

Reactions: chris dziuba
Here is their response....
We apologize for delayed response. We just got new information about your flight logs analysis. Here are somekey points:
  • Based on flight log, it confirmed that there is a pitch from the controller meaning that the remote is still communicating with the drone.
  • There was no pre-flight calibration performed. It is a common practice in the drone community to calibrate whenever changing flight locations because it allows the drone to fully synchronize to the surrounding geographical environment.
  • In these situations, it is the user’s responsibility to take action in flying Karma without the position hold feature and land the drone manually and not rely on anything else.

Based on these information it appears that the drone crash was due to both environmental factors and user error. Due to these circumstances we won't bale to cover this under the warranty program. While your situation is not typically covered under Manufacturer’s Warranty, we’d like to extend our assistance and help you out in your current situation. That being said, we can provide you a one-time special exception by sending out courtesy Karma Propellers, Karma Harness and 40% discount towards a purchase of a new camera.  The Karma Core and Karma Stabilizer needs to be purchased directly from the website as a replacement part. Please let me know if you will need anything else.

Regards,

Christopher R.
GoPro Support
https://gopro.com/help

User error.....???? It was calibrated, My SD card was obliterated and they know there is no video of the crash. Not to mention my Hero4 Silver is gone. All the accessories that I purchased.....I am not ready to give up so any advice on like situations would be helpful. This Karma was flown in the same area here numerous times and videos are on my YouTube channel. I sent them links....

Sorry to hear. There seems to be many issues with the Karma based on this forum. I experienced one where it was two feet away from landing and went into "Return to Home" and then took off straight into the air and crashed into a bridge 100ft high and then smashed onto the roadway below. Luckily, with GoPro Care, they are replacing it all. I am contemplating selling it all once I receive it and switching to DJI. Any update on your case?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildman