Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Linear mode and more smart features?

JR54

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the GoPro Hero 5 Black is getting linear mode in 4k resolution? Thinking about getting the entire GoPro Karma system and I wish that the 4k resolution had linear mode as an option. Also, is GoPro going to add more smart modes in flight (such as way points and others)?

Thanks.

Reactions: wonny
I agree it would be really nice if they had an on screen flight path like so many other drone products have. I have flown other drones with the map software on the controller and it really is a benefit,

I'm pretty confident we will see more flight modes and hopefully multi-point cable cam. As far as Linear mode in 4K, I don't think so. It will come with the next camera most likely but I'm not sure if the current processor can handle it. You can always use an editor like GoPro Studio to remove the fish eye.

Does anyone know if the GoPro Hero 5 Black is getting linear mode in 4k resolution? Thinking about getting the entire GoPro Karma system and I wish that the 4k resolution had linear mode as an option. Also, is GoPro going to add more smart modes in flight (such as way points and others)?

Thanks.
I Have heard nothing, but as someone else said, there is already some questioning the processor in this, so look for it coupled with a better processor on the next Hero. That said, 2.7K takes A LOT of space, and just like when HD came out, the early revisions were fraught with performance issues anyway. Better to wait and you are limited by other factors in terms of optics anyway, so I while I would like to see a comparison. Again as someone else said, maybe it's time for a comparison of 2.7K/Linear, and 4K/Wide post processing...

I agree, lets add a multi point cable cam, but most importantly a "follow me" feature. The waypoints would be cool if nothing else to track your drone just in case it goes down and you have to search thick vegetation or trees...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS