Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Leaving to Cancun!

Lalaboi

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I am proud to say my drone has been great to me so far! I did have one incident where my drone flew away while attempting to land because I didnt not configure it before flying (lesson learned, always configure compress before every flight). I took the time to talk to a representative about my concerns and everything else about the Karma while i was purchasing the procare, she was very nice and informative. She told me all the do's and dont's just like what everyone has said on this forum. So my word of advice to those who are jumping into karma world, maybe try calling gopro and clear up your concerns before you fly. Karma drone is not for beginners... (so get a DJI if you are completely new)...

The representative emphasized "Dont use the return function, period!" :D just my 2 cents !

Anyways, I am leaving to Cancun in a few weeks and I am planning on bringing my karma drone along for the ride. Do you guys have any tips on going through Mexico's airport security check "TSA Customs?" I was planning on buying the gopro seeker backpack 002 off of ebay because I found one for $119! (better than $149). I know about the battery situation, so I am ready for that. However, I am more concerned about TSA pulling me aside and asking me to play a "fee." Thoughts ... Feelings? Any input would be great!

Where did you hear TSA collects fees? That is a new one. Only restrictions relate to carrying the batteries on the plane. They have to be with you as carry on. Lots of stuff written about this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where did you hear TSA collects fees? That is a new one. Only restrictions relate to carrying the batteries on the plane. They have to be with you as carry on. Lots of stuff written about this.

Sorry, correction, Mexican security check. I heard that they randomly select pick people for a back check and I read on forums people were forced to pay like %15 of purchasing price of drone. Some said that you should bring a copy of the receipt.

In Mexico you get to tap a button and green light go, red light you get checked. I am not sure receipt would help, they don’t want you bringing in to give/sell to local folks. Used, yours, vacation , probably fine. I used to be known for camera stuff for a friend.

Reactions: Lalaboi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS