Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Late to the Karma Party

Digitalj44

Reaction score
Hello all, only 14 shorth months after it was discontinued, I'm now a proud Karma owner. I had always been interested in the Karma but could never pull the trigger until I came across the $299 refurbished deal and just couldn't pass it up. That combined with BestBuy selling batteries for $49.99 last week (I bought 2) I think I got a lot of bang for my buck. I've already registered it with the FAA and downloaded the B4UFly app. I live just outside of Washington DC about 7 miles from Andrews Air Force Base, so the airspace is heavily regulated but far from a no fly zone. I took it for it's maiden flight this weekend and hope to share some video later this week!

Welcome DJ44! Indeed the refub'd Karma's are great deal... Have fun fly safe :) and enjoy the amazing imagery! Looking forward to your first video :)

Welcome aboard! I almost bought a refurb, ended up picking up a used one on eBay for a good price. I also have been interested in it for a while. Just wish they were able to stick with it. Oh well, my stable of parts should be arriving on Wednesday (guy was selling 5 crashed drones with various levels of damage on eBay for $175 - going to break them down and save what I can as backups.

Oh, and being that you're seven miles from Andrews (my old stomping grounds) - I told my wife I want this for my birthday.
88c333e538b8c5ad36555ca0d11c4d37.jpg

Sent from my BBB100-7 using Tapatalk

Hello all, only 14 shorth months after it was discontinued, I'm now a proud Karma owner. I had always been interested in the Karma but could never pull the trigger until I came across the $299 refurbished deal and just couldn't pass it up. That combined with BestBuy selling batteries for $49.99 last week (I bought 2) I think I got a lot of bang for my buck. I've already registered it with the FAA and downloaded the B4UFly app. I live just outside of Washington DC about 7 miles from Andrews Air Force Base, so the airspace is heavily regulated but far from a no fly zone. I took it for it's maiden flight this weekend and hope to share some video later this week!

Congrats on your Karma! It is a fun drone to fly.

If I could make a suggestion, use AIRMAP instead of B4UFLY. It is much more intuitive and is much more accurate. It also offers real time updates. For example Temporary flight restrictions, First responder action, etc.

G'day mate!
Welcome aboard!

I just did the exact same thing, including picking up the $49 extra battery from BestBuy, thanks to seeing the deal here! What a great package this drone is, super excited to see the weather in the Midwest turn around so we can get started on a new video !!

Reactions: Billybob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS