Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Landing Button Malfunction?

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new here and could use some guidance.

Have tried to fly this thing a couple of times. Have ended up with broken props each time.

It gets up into the air and maneuvers just fine, but landing is impossible using the landing button.

I pressed it and I didn't get the menu asking how/where to land. So, I held down the button.

It started counting down from three, but before it could get to two it started zooming off towards a house.

Anyone else experienced this or have any thoughts on how to solve it?

All updates have been done, so shouldn't be a software issue.

G'day mate.

Have you tried landing the karma manually?
It is extremely easy.

Have fun.

Thanks for the reply. I tried that recently and it bounced, tipped over, and broke the props. So, I tried the auto land feature and had the experience above.

I'm thinking my controller may not be responsive enough, making it hard to control. But that still wouldn't explain it zooming off without me pushing buttons.

SpaceMonkey -- I'm also a new Karma Pilot and haven't experienced the same as you.

I've found the Karma very easy to land manually. Just line it up, bring it down using the right joystick until 2-3 ft above the ground, and then continue to descend but much more slowly. As soon as it touches the ground, pull the right stick all the way down. Karma will also sense it has landed and turn the propellers off.

I've also used the landing button and Karma landed itself reasonably well.

Lastly, I've allowed the low battery function to auto-land the Karma and that worked too.

Have you tried recalibrating the stabilizer, compass, and GPS before flying?

SpaceMonkey -- I'm also a new Karma Pilot and haven't experienced the same as you.

I've found the Karma very easy to land manually. Just line it up, bring it down using the right joystick until 2-3 ft above the ground, and then continue to descend but much more slowly. As soon as it touches the ground, pull the right stick all the way down. Karma will also sense it has landed and turn the propellers off.

I've also used the landing button and Karma landed itself reasonably well.

Lastly, I've allowed the low battery function to auto-land the Karma and that worked too.

Have you tried recalibrating the stabilizer, compass, and GPS before flying?
thanks for the reply. Yeah recalibrating is a good idea. Hadn't thought of that but it's definitely been a while since we did that.

I think I'm going to buy a $40 drone and just get a feel for flying one and landing one before I keep risking the Karma, GoPro, and stabilizer. If the cheap one breaks, who cares.

Learn to fly cheap drone with no gps will be good investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could always have it go down to a hover. Then grab it with your hand. Be careful tho. Blades will cut you.

And a little miss and a flip and it takes an eye out,,,,,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS