Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma with Hero6: blank controller screen during flight

DND

Reaction score
Just purchased a Karma with Hero6 (11/25/17). When I'm ready to take off everything is working fine (Version 2.0). What the camera sees is, in fact, on the controller screen. As soon as I hit the record button on the controller, the camera feed goes BLACK on the controller screen. The camera is recording fine, I just can't see what the camera sees during flight. I've tried several different resolutions and frame rates and get the same result. Curiously, if I power down the drone and then power up, sometimes the camera feed is fine during recording. I've tried changing the HDMI Output on the Hero6 (Monitor, Media, Live) and sometimes that solves the controller black screen issue. I have noticed that each time I power up the drone, the Hero6 HDMI Output never remains what I last set it. Anyone have a clue as to what's going on? Thanks!

Did you try to reset both the camera and the drone?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

What would you suggest be reset: Controller, Drone, Gimbal and/or camera? What would be the procedure for resetting? I did see a thread on the GoPro site where their "solution" is to change the Screen Brightness (Preferences on Controller Menu) from AUTO to OFF-100%. Really ??? Extremely glitchy system. Very disappointing.

What would you suggest be reset: Controller, Drone, Gimbal and/or camera? What would be the procedure for resetting? I did see a thread on the GoPro site where their "solution" is to change the Screen Brightness (Preferences on Controller Menu) from AUTO to OFF-100%. Really ??? Extremely glitchy system. Very disappointing.

I had this happen in flight over the weekend. I still had control of the drone, but the screen was blank. I had the issue happen once at home, when I was playing with the drone and controller in a non-flight environment. I was able to eventually hit the right spot on the screen and bring the camera view back up.

While I was flying this weekend, I couldn’t recreate the fix, and I was hovering precariously over a waterfall at the time. I ended up landing the drone, shutting down both the drone and the controller, and restarting both. I was able to re-launch and continue flying afterward with no further issue.

I’m pretty sure, I touched something on the screen, or hit the mode button at the same time as touching the screen. Wish I could figure out How to fix in mid-flight.

Huh, I’ve been experiencing this too, to the point where I thought when recording no live feed was available.

Reactions: Shon
Hi...in my case thing happened normally you get the beep and it powers to the yuneec logo there was nothing so charged spare and that was fine then swapped batteries and the other one then started to charge so I think there might be something,, I've got latest firmware is there a way to rest controller back to factory settings??

turnkey pcb assembly

Last edited:
Hi...in my case thing happened normally you get the beep and it powers to the yuneec logo there was nothing so charged spare and that was fine then swapped batteries and the other one then started to charge so I think there might be something,, I've got latest firmware is there a way to rest controller back to factory settings??
Hi mate. I think you may have the wrong forum.
This is for GoPro Karma Drones not Yuneec.

Reactions: XerxesZ

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS