Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma wifi won't power on.

Kisley

Reaction score
Hi all. Hope someone can help or point me in the right direction.
I got the Karma with the 6 Black camera in December and have flown it a number of times without an issue. Today I charged up all the batteries and the controller then connected the controller to the internet and downloaded the latest update. When I powered up the drone, the controller would not connect. Opened up my wifi analyzer app and discovered the wifi transmitter in the drone was not powering up. Everything has always been stored inside the house. Any suggestions for my next step?
Thanks.

Yes, pairing is a must. I have just updated my controller, then paired it to the drone and watched it as it updated everything. This was in preparation for my forthcoming trip to Rarotonga.

Yes, pairing is a must. I have just updated my controller, then paired it to the drone and watched it as it updated everything. This was in preparation for my forthcoming trip to Rarotonga.

James,
I guess it is time for me to update this post. After several chat sessions with GoPro, one new harness and one new stabilizer, they replaced my core (just the drone; less the battery, less the stabilizer/camera and less the props). I have put four flights on the new core and have been getting good results. The one thing I did learn is the stabilizer/camera could prevent the wifi transmitter from powering up. After I received the replacement stabilizer, installed it in the Karma Grip, ran the calibration and did a hard reset, then inserted it into the drone everything powered up and connected to the controller. I even powered up the motors briefly. Unfortunately it was well past night fall so I couldn't fly it. Good thing too. The next afternoon the drone refused to power up, which led to them replacing the core.

Overall I got great service from the chat desk. Learned to request a copy of the chat exchange via email to keep a record. All of the new parts didn't cost me a dime, but I am out of warranty now. Plan to fly it as often as the weather allows.
Have fun in Rarotonga!

Hi Kisley,
One thing you may invest in is the Karma Drone Handbook by Jordan Hetrick from Amazon. There is lot of good information set out in a logical sequence.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS