Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma stabilizer stopped working correctly

Tsmill

Reaction score
My karma stabilizer was working perfectly on my karma drone since I bought it. It was crashed once, but was repairable and has worked fine until recently. The other day, the stabilizer started to move very slowly up and down when I used the control wheel. It was still working, but very slowly. Yesterday it moved it only slightly down, and then only up, and then quit working all together. I tried to calibrate the tilt wheel through the controller, but it wouldn't register the wheel turning. At this point I don't know if it is the controller or the stabilizer, but I really don't want to buy a controller as they are very expensive. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Did you purchase the grip along with the Karma? If so try using the stabilizer on the grip and see how it works. If not you can find a new stabilizer and grip on Ebay for around $70. Mine did not come with the grip, but I was able to purchase one through Ebay. Much cheaper then a controller. Used GoPro Karma AGIMB-004 Camera Camcorder hand Grip 3-Axis Gimbal stabilizer 818279021974 | eBay
It came with the karma. It works fine on the karma grip, but on the drone, all I can do is tilt the camera up when it first starts up, then it stops working. The camera stays in that position correctly, but doesn't let me tilt it up and down.

That might be a cause. I'll maybe take it apart again and check. I'll update then if it doesn't work. Thanks!
Never mind. I tried the flight simulator on the controller, and I was not able to control the tilt on that either. I might buy a used controller, but I would like to take this one apart first to see if there's a way to fix it. Any tips on how to take apart the controller. Preferably without breaking it...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS