Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma repair shop

cp1963

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a repair shop that can get these Karma's back in the air? There should be a market for a shop like that.

The Karma is old with declining market presence so may be challenging to find somebody. Do you have a specific issue where the forum could potentially help?
Doesn't GoPro still support it? Still selling some parts for discounted prices: GoPro Karma
These folks are well known for DJI and Parrot repairs and this link suggests they might also repair other drones: Drone Parts, Repairs & Custom Drones - DJI™ Largest Authorized Service

Does anyone know of a repair shop that can get these Karma's back in the air? There should be a market for a shop like that.
Mine flew itself into a tree the week before Christmas. I replaced the broken arm yesterday. It took about 20 minutes and the parts are cheap at GoPro.com. I had to replace the gimbal as well and for that I bought a used one (with the karma grip) on eBay..... now if I could get it to stop flying itself. Seriously!

Mine flew itself into a tree the week before Christmas. I replaced the broken arm yesterday. It took about 20 minutes and the parts are cheap at GoPro.com. I had to replace the gimbal as well and for that I bought a used one (with the karma grip) on eBay..... now if I could get it to stop flying itself. Seriously!
The Karma has no obstacle avoidance, so it's up to the pilot to keep it clear of objects. If you let go of the sticks and it still drifts then I suspect your GPS lock is not working. Are you waiting for GPS lock before you take off? I am not familiar with the Karma controls, but if it has ATTI mode or "sport" mode you do NOT want to be in either of those modes, you want GPS mode otherwise it will drift.

I have learned that I need to calibrate the compass before every flight. Even then sometimes, and after GPS lock is obtained, it will fly off on its own. It’s happened several times. I was ready to give up on it once when all of a sudden it returned. Like a dog that wanders the neighborhood, I have no idea where it went. It’s frightening. All control is lost

I have learned that I need to calibrate the compass before every flight. Even then sometimes, and after GPS lock is obtained, it will fly off on its own. It’s happened several times. I was ready to give up on it once when all of a sudden it returned. Like a dog that wanders the neighborhood, I have no idea where it went. It’s frightening. All control is lost
So when it does that you have no stick control?

The first time it happened we were in the backyard and it was headed straight for the neighbors roof. My son was piloting and the only thing he could do was get it to up. In another instance, I had it up about 90 feet and it just disappeared and then came back. Perhaps the most terrifying was when I flying through a covered bridge and it came straight at me. I could move right and left but was fighting the drone the whole time. And it would not land. I seriously thought I was going to have to wait for the battery to die and hope I could catch it.
It seems particularly sensitive to electronic interference. I have to get well away from the car and buried electric lines etc

Hummm, I'm assuming you have all the latest updates on both the controller and the drone?

Hummm, I'm assuming you have all the latest updates on both the controller and the drone?
I have had the same problem. I was flying the drone not very far away, when it suddenly flew directly away from me and disappeared! To this day I haven’t found it. After contacting GoPro, they finally sent a new one, which I’ve only flown once. Now it won’t work at all. Just turns on and has the lights flash over and over. Pairing won’t work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS