Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma parts from estate

Modbuilder

Reaction score
Hello Karma pilots. I'm a total newbie to this forum, so I understand any reservations you may have about my situation/offer. FWIW, I'm a P107 drone photographer flying DJI, a Contest Director with AMA, member 8490, and Modbuilder on RCG.

One of our AMA club members passed recently, leaving misc parts with his widow. I'm trying to help place the equipment back into service, if possible. Any sale proceeds go to the widow. I've attached a few photographs, but what I have is a GoPro Karma with no GoPro camera, two batteries in unknown condition, two RC controllers, several props (4 mounted, 8 in a zipper case, no charger, and a Karma case. Without a charger, I can't check the condition of anything. I can say that everything shows very little wear and tear. Even the drone looks pretty good.

Any purchase offers will need to cover shipping. I'll try to answer any questions that follow. Would appreciate any thoughts on value, and especially any offers. If this has no sale value, it'll go to the next Viking funeral. If anyone is interested in the Charlotte are, we could do a face/face deal.

Thanks for looking................ Bob R

Attachments

• IMG_2128.jpg
    IMG_2128.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2129.jpg
    IMG_2129.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2130.jpg
    IMG_2130.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2131.jpg
    IMG_2131.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: Ironspear
Hello Karma pilots. I'm a total newbie to this forum, so I understand any reservations you may have about my situation/offer. FWIW, I'm a P107 drone photographer flying DJI, a Contest Director with AMA, member 8490, and Modbuilder on RCG.

One of our AMA club members passed recently, leaving misc parts with his widow. I'm trying to help place the equipment back into service, if possible. Any sale proceeds go to the widow. I've attached a few photographs, but what I have is a GoPro Karma with no GoPro camera, two batteries in unknown condition, two RC controllers, several props (4 mounted, 8 in a zipper case, no charger, and a Karma case. Without a charger, I can't check the condition of anything. I can say that everything shows very little wear and tear. Even the drone looks pretty good.

Any purchase offers will need to cover shipping. I'll try to answer any questions that follow. Would appreciate any thoughts on value, and especially any offers. If this has no sale value, it'll go to the next Viking funeral. If anyone is interested in the Charlotte are, we could do a face/face deal.

Thanks for looking................ Bob R
G'day mate!

Firstly, good on you for doing this.

Unfortunately if you are unable to charge any of the batteries and therefor see if the quad core/stabiliser and controller starts up etc it would be a real leap of faith for anyone buying it.

It is also important to see if the quad has been "bricked" as some have become with GoPros last firmware update (never able to link the quad with the controller). BTW GoPro offer absolutely no further assistance with Karma quads :(

I would ask around and see if any one near you has a charger for the quad batteries. I would lend you mine but I am in Australia ;)

I just had a thought though! The controllers and the 2 hand held stabiliser battery packs do charge with a USB C connection so you could see if they are ok at least.

If you had a charger and all was working fine then I guess you could get up to US$300-400 for it (just a guess).

Please, please, please do not Viking funeral it! I will gladly pay for shipping to Australia and give you US$100 on top if it came to that.

Good luck and I really hope you sell it. If not keep me in mind.

Take care.

Great ideas, and I'll work on the USB possibility. Should have spotted that myself.

Chances of finding a charger for the drone in our club are slim to none. We have tons of RC fixed wing, rotary wing, and glider pilots, but very few drone guys. I know most of them and haven't seen a Karma yet. From what I gather on line, the Karma line was discontinued a few years ago, so I think that suggests a small pool of interest.

Based on your notion of value if I can learn more about condition, I may go back into the forums and see if I can buy a charger. I hadn't planned to spend a ton of time with this, but I think the widow would appreciate the bucks to put on some outstanding medic bills.

Thanks......... Bob R.

Glad you spotted the two hand-held stabilizers. I knew I'd missed something in the listing. For reference, the package on offer includes those two stabilizers. Again, don't know anything about condition. These do show more wear/tear than the other equipment.

Glad you spotted the two hand-held stabilizers. I knew I'd missed something in the listing. For reference, the package on offer includes those two stabilizers. Again, don't know anything about condition. These do show more wear/tear than the other equipment.
They will be able to be charged up via a USB C cable. Then you can put the stabiliser in it and see if that works. Should still power up without a camera in it. Maybe read up a bit about removing and mounting the stabiliser as it can be a bit fiddly and if forced may damage parts.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Good advice, if you get the power supply and a suitable GoPro camera you might even keep it.

Dont look into the eyes of the Karma it will put you under its spell like it has all of us.

Reactions: guipsot
Ok, Ok. I've ordered a Karma charger on eBay. Should have it by the 12th. Also found that the two gimbal handles accept a charge using a USB charger. Haven't tried hooking up the gimbal to the handles yet. Just haven't taken time to study up on how to do it.

This estate stuff also came with batts and RC for an Autel Evo 1 (thread started on that forum too), and here I am a DJI guy knowing nothing about Autel or Karma. I'd hoped to slide on through this deal without having to spend time learning about two different marques of drones, but you guys are pushing me to do this right. So be it. Can't stand having the stuff staring at me every time I go into my shop, and I can't stand to toss out potentially good stuff that needs a home that'll keep 'em in service.

So.......... Thanks for the input. Keep it up and please be patient. I'll work through this and keep you posted. Probably not quickly, but I'll get-er-done. more soon.............. R

Ok, Ok. I've ordered a Karma charger on eBay. Should have it by the 12th. Also found that the two gimbal handles accept a charge using a USB charger. Haven't tried hooking up the gimbal to the handles yet. Just haven't taken time to study up on how to do it.

This estate stuff also came with batts and RC for an Autel Evo 1 (thread started on that forum too), and here I am a DJI guy knowing nothing about Autel or Karma. I'd hoped to slide on through this deal without having to spend time learning about two different marques of drones, but you guys are pushing me to do this right. So be it. Can't stand having the stuff staring at me every time I go into my shop, and I can't stand to toss out potentially good stuff that needs a home that'll keep 'em in service.

So.......... Thanks for the input. Keep it up and please be patient. I'll work through this and keep you posted. Probably not quickly, but I'll get-er-done. more soon.............. R
AHHA! So down the Karma rabbit hole you fall lol. Good luck and remember it is for a good cause. You are doing a good/kind thing. Not much of this around now a days.

The Queens 4th/7th Royal Dragoon Guards '81-'85. If that is what you mean?

Took a guess about roots of the interesting handle. Looked up the unit. Proud/rich history there with 100-year anniversary this year. Must have great memories of an interesting ride.

A little off-topic, but what the heck. It's my thread to hijack. I'll head back to Karma stuff. Appreciate your contribution.....R

Last edited:
Watched some YouTube video on moving the gimbal between the drone and the handle. Both handles showed one light of battery charge when I hooked them up to the USB charger, and both accepted and retained a full 4-light charge.

Removed the gimbal from the Karma and it successfully locked into both handles. Not familiar with the controls on the handle, but both powered up with the gimbal and seemed to be working properly in a pan-follow mode.

Step at a time................ R

Watched some YouTube video on moving the gimbal between the drone and the handle. Both handles showed one light of battery charge when I hooked them up to the USB charger, and both accepted and retained a full 4-light charge.

Removed the gimbal from the Karma and it successfully locked into both handles. Not familiar with the controls on the handle, but both powered up with the gimbal and seemed to be working properly in a pan-follow mode.

Step at a time................ R
Perfect! They all work well then.
You should be fine with the other quad batteries (touch wood).
Just await the charger cable and Bob's your uncle.

One of the RC's also had a one-light residual charge and has been accepting a charge slowly overnight from a 15W USB charger, which sounds like a favorable condition. Will charge up the other one also while waiting for the Karma charger. Will see if one of them communicates with the drone when I get the Karma charger. Back to YouTube to see how to control this thing when everything has power.

I also gather that firmware updates have been known to brick the drone, so I'll not do any of that.

One of the RC's also had a one-light residual charge and has been accepting a charge slowly overnight from a 15W USB charger, which sounds like a favorable condition. Will charge up the other one also while waiting for the Karma charger. Will see if one of them communicates with the drone when I get the Karma charger. Back to YouTube to see how to control this thing when everything has power.

I also gather that firmware updates have been known to brick the drone, so I'll not do any of that.
rgr that.

The charger arrived a day early and have one battery on charge. The charger looks brand new.

Have also downloaded the manual and scanned through it. Looks pretty straightforward.

Figured I'd remove the props and see if the RC and bird are handshaking. A couple of questions:
- Should the Karma power up without the gimbal and/or camera installed?
- If it'll power up, will it actually handle the weight imbalance and fly safely without the camera on board?

Thanks for following. Regards........... R

The charger arrived a day early and have one battery on charge. The charger looks brand new.

Have also downloaded the manual and scanned through it. Looks pretty straightforward.

Figured I'd remove the props and see if the RC and bird are handshaking. A couple of questions:
- Should the Karma power up without the gimbal and/or camera installed?
- If it'll power up, will it actually handle the weight imbalance and fly safely without the camera on board?

Thanks for following. Regards........... R

G'day mate!
The Karma will not even lift off without the harness and camera fitted. You got it right about the weight. It needs all components attached to maintain balance.

Turn the "bird" on first and make sure the gimbal and camera turn on and balance out straight. Then turn the RC on and await its bootup and search for the "bird" to finish.

Good luck, hope this helps.

As you probably have seen the charger also has a usb c plug on it you use this to charge the RC and the camera too.
ciao

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS