Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma lost satellite

n0n0

Reaction score
good night guys, it's my first time I write I want to share what happened to me with my Karma in the three minutes of flight lost the satellite and therefore crashed and broke, i have 5 days with my karma.
Greeting

Attachments

• A4F687E9-7614-4474-97C1-E43AD72DC11E.jpeg
    A4F687E9-7614-4474-97C1-E43AD72DC11E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 47
Have you ever flown a quad before?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

G'day nOnO.
Maybe you could provide a bit more info about your flight.
As JCLs asked above have you flown quads before or was this your 1st flight with the quad?
Did you have full GPS connectivity before you took off?
What was the area you were flying in like? eg open field in the middle of nowhere or in the middle of a city...

It was my fifth flight and I wasn’t having any trouble, it was an open field on the outskirts of my town. It took off correctly with the automatic mode and with full connectivity on the GPS. After 50 secs it marked that it had no signal on the GPS and that it was losing control. Ten/fifteen seconds after that, it crashed against a wall. If you know anything about this kind of or similar issue I’d be very thankful.

So 4 flights with a Karma under full GPS control and on 5th flight you loose GPS, which can happen, and several seconds later you crash, and is first time you ever flew without stabilization? Sorry but you should not be surprised.

the fifth flight also had the GPS signal complete, but I really do not know what happened at any moment the GPS signal disappears, I never flew it in expert mode only with GPS

GPS loss does not equal drone loss. When you lose GPS, the drone becomes much more difficult to control, and it is easy to crash.

I’m sure Gopro support can tell you what happened. They will tell you how to download the flight logs and send them. If the crash was due to a product defect, they will replace it. If they determine the crash was due to pilot error they won’t.

at this moment I am in communication with them, I am sending all the information about what happened, thank you very much for your response .. the forum seems very interesting, regards

GPS loss does not equal drone loss. When you lose GPS, the drone becomes much more difficult to control, and it is easy to crash.

I’m sure Gopro support can tell you what happened. They will tell you how to download the flight logs and send them. If the crash was due to a product defect, they will replace it. If they determine the crash was due to pilot error they won’t.

Is there some way to download the flight log? Or, as they told me, only gopro can see it by uploading it and sending the control serial number?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

it is correct I send the flight log only they can see all the flights that that controller has made, I am waiting for a response from GoPro

it is correct I send the flight log only they can see all the flights that that controller has made, I am waiting for a response from GoPro

They are still taking it really serious, I had my case with a fallen Karma, and they answered quickly. Good luck with that.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Thank you very much in the next few days I share what they I explain, they have very good day to all

My golden rule, let it hover at about 6 feet to check visual stability for about a minute.

Reactions: Shon
Do the GPS dance. When you first lift off. just turn the quad left in a full circle and then right in a full circle. Circling does nothing but it does make you slow down and let the quad have time to access GPS before you madly fly off !!! lol

Do the GPS dance. When you first lift off. just turn the quad left in a full circle and then right in a full circle. Circling does nothing but it does make you slow down and let the quad have time to access GPS before you madly fly off !!! lol
Greetings from Norway: I like the term «Doing the GPS dance». That is how it feels when calibrating the GPS.

Hey guys. New to the forum and found this discussion at the top. I had a similar issue with the GPS signal being lost after takeoff. In my case it dropped out of the sky and crashed into a roof. Thankfully had the GoPro care in place. According to GoPro, you should manually calibrate the drone/controller before flight. In the event signal is lost, the calibration will keep it in the air and still able to control. Hope these help.
https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/How-to-Calibrate-the-Karma-System
https://gopro.com/help/articles/question_answer/Karma-Behavior-when-GPS-is-lost

Reactions: Shon and Ironspear
Loss of GPS does not in itself cause the quad to speed to the ground and crash. GPS is all about positioning and stability. If GPS lost and control in place you can fly the quad IF you are capable of doing that. Many folks are not and quick, hard stick movements result in crashes and so. called “fly offs”. If control signal is lost and GPS is working then quad can return home because it knows where it is and where home is.

I have not recalibrated in a long time. Only do so when in really new locations based on distance. Key is power up, on ground and just let things stabilize. You can tell if compass/GPS is good and look at signal quality because if glitchy now no guarantees. After looking at things I take off and fly around a smaller area and then release stick and just observe things. Almost instant check. Being overly cautious is fine for some, I tend towards reasonable and practical.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ironspear
Guess I’m in the category of not capable without gps.

Guess I’m in the category of not capable without gps.

I don’t think that was the point of JCLs post, only that GPS loss is a separate issue from power failure and crash.

I’ve flown multiple times with loss of GPS, never crashed. Came close, but never crashed.

But if you loose GPS and have never flown a quad you will probably crash or loose the quad. Buy super cheap quad with no GPS and learn to fly it. Best insurance you will ever get.

Reactions: Ironspear

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS