Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma harness for Hero8 Black

rslevin1

Reaction score
I hope someone from GoPro reads this. My Hero6 Black crapped out, so I upgraded to the Hero8 Black. Now I find that the harness for my Karma does not accept the new Hero8 Black. Am I out of luck? When will GoPro come out with an new harness for the Karma?

I am pretty sure there isn't one. Nor will there be one unfortunately.

Reactions: XerxesZ
Why would somebody even think that GoPro would make a completely new harness for a completely new camera (case especially) for use on a product that hasn’t been made in years and is just about gone? Why would a person spend that much on a camera before checking out compatibility? Lots of 5s and 6s that will work and are cheap on EBay and other places.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Hero 8 does 4k 60 Linear so I really wish GoPro would make compatibility for the Karma. It apparently fits the same harness as the Hero 7 but the software won't function. Maybe a future firmware update would fix the issue.

Yes, sadly, the GoPro Hero 8 Black is the very GoPro camera that the Karma system needed from the very start. 4K 60 Linear with incredible stabilization would have silenced a lot of critics who were complaining about GoPro's "fisheye" look. The GPH8B is the right camera at the wrong time for Karma.

Reactions: SurfDog
The Hero 8 does 4k 60 Linear so I really wish GoPro would make compatibility for the Karma. It apparently fits the same harness as the Hero 7 but the software won't function. Maybe a future firmware update would fix the issue.
GoPro has put out some incredible software for Fusion and Hero Cameras, in the past few months, that can correct, adjust, more horizons in infinite ways on a timeline, making adjustments smoothly through any shot. Best of all its free. It is a plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro and Aftereffects, Both Windows and Mac versions. I have a Karma drone, Hero 6 version, with gimble smoothness has never been a problem.

It's called GoPro FX Reframe

Quote from the GoPro website:
Get full creative control of your GoPro footage. Use the GoPro FX Reframe plugin to edit your HERO, MAX and Fusion footage in Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects. Experiment with infinite perspectives when you reframe, and animate movement with the ease of keyframes. Lock in the look you want by adjusting lens curvature, horizon level and motion blur between transitions. And with preset output resolutions and aspect ratios dialed for Facebook, Instagram, YouTubeTM and more, it’s so easy to share the magic.
  • Experiment with infinite perspectives when you reframe—pan, tilt, rotate and zoom—and animate movement with the ease of keyframes
  • Control the level of motion blur in the transitions between your keyframes
  • Quickly adjust lens curvature to give your photos and videos the look you want
  • Manually adjust the horizon in your HERO and 360 photos and videos
  • Choose from preset output resolutions and aspect ratios dialed for sharing on social

Video about use and download links on this page.

Enjoy it all. I have been using for fusion mostly, but am mixing Karma shots with it.
If anyone is interesting I can post a few links to video using it.

Have fun group. BTW: For author of original post here, Hero 7 works with Karma. Hero 8 interesting to me for sound modules, happy with gimble, don't have one yet.

4K linear plus some can be done easily in post, with free GoPro FX plugin for Premiere Pro and After Effects, if you are concerned. I shoot Karma with a Hero 6. See details in my other post within this thread. :)

GoPro has put out some incredible software for Fusion and Hero Cameras, in the past few months, that can correct, adjust, more horizons in infinite ways on a timeline, making adjustments smoothly through any shot. Best of all its free. It is a plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro and Aftereffects, Both Windows and Mac versions. I have a Karma drone, Hero 6 version, with gimble smoothness has never been a problem.

It's called GoPro FX Reframe

Quote from the GoPro website:
Get full creative control of your GoPro footage. Use the GoPro FX Reframe plugin to edit your HERO, MAX and Fusion footage in Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects. Experiment with infinite perspectives when you reframe, and animate movement with the ease of keyframes. Lock in the look you want by adjusting lens curvature, horizon level and motion blur between transitions. And with preset output resolutions and aspect ratios dialed for Facebook, Instagram, YouTubeTM and more, it’s so easy to share the magic.
  • Experiment with infinite perspectives when you reframe—pan, tilt, rotate and zoom—and animate movement with the ease of keyframes
  • Control the level of motion blur in the transitions between your keyframes
  • Quickly adjust lens curvature to give your photos and videos the look you want
  • Manually adjust the horizon in your HERO and 360 photos and videos
  • Choose from preset output resolutions and aspect ratios dialed for sharing on social

Video about use and download links on this page.

Enjoy it all. I have been using for fusion mostly, but am mixing Karma shots with it.
If anyone is interesting I can post a few links to video using it.

Have fun group. BTW: For author of original post here, Hero 7 works with Karma. Hero 8 interesting to me for sound modules, happy with gimble, don't have one yet.

Hiya!
So is Adobe Premiere Pro and Aftereffects free?
Cheers.

Hiya!
So is Adobe Premiere Pro and Aftereffects free?
Cheers.
Not for most people.

In the USA Premiere Pro is part of Adobe's Creative Cloud subscription service. You pay a monthly fee for the use of most of adobe's software, including Photoshop. I believe they let you license one program at a time as an alternative. They update programs regularly, so you always have the latest and greatest versions. Go to adobe.com for details. At this time they are offering some kind of free trial.

I originally purchased my Karma drone new for photo and video purposes. That's where the GoPro excels.

I consider the price of the subscription very reasonable. Premiere is quite full featured, accepts plugins, but requires a bit of learning to know it well. Beginners can get good results though in a short while. Lot's of great teachers on YouTube. I mentioned that GoPro FX was a free plugin. Most other plugins can cost $100 dollars and well beyond that. Each has a special purpose for special needs within a project.

Have a wonderful day all ;-)

Reactions: Ironspear
Not for most people.

In the USA Premiere Pro is part of Adobe's Creative Cloud subscription service. You pay a monthly fee for the use of most of adobe's software, including Photoshop. I believe they let you license one program at a time as an alternative. They update programs regularly, so you always have the latest and greatest versions. Go to adobe.com for details. At this time they are offering some kind of free trial.

I originally purchased my Karma drone new for photo and video purposes. That's where the GoPro excels.

I consider the price of the subscription very reasonable. Premiere is quite full featured, accepts plugins, but requires a bit of learning to know it well. Beginners can get good results though in a short while. Lot's of great teachers on YouTube. I mentioned that GoPro FX was a free plugin. Most other plugins can cost $100 dollars and well beyond that. Each has a special purpose for special needs within a project.

Have a wonderful day all ;-)
Thanks for the information.
Cheers

My Hero 7 fits but Hero 8 has the ports or connections on the opposite side. And no I don't think Gopro is going to make a Hero 8 frame for the karma but who knows.

So is the fisheye effect in hero 5-7 software in the camera or hardware?

if its hardware then i cant seem to imagine how it gets fixed properly in editing software.
Might be just a gimick linear simulation then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS