Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma Experience Less Than Stellar

M

member 1016

I had a whole big thing written out but I decided to just state this- if you're thinking of buying a Karma because of all the discounts going on right now, do yourself a favor and avoid it. Mine crashed in early March and I've been waiting on a working replacement since. They got me one in about two weeks and it was having compass errors and was found to be defective. I have been given no ETA by support, it's kind of unbelievable lol. The support agents have been nice and they are even compensating me with a free clamp mount but what an odyssey this has been.

Once I get a working replacement, it's going on eBay immediately unless someone that frequents these forums would like to buy it for spare parts (I'll have three working batteries and some extra accessories, PM me if you're interested).

In the meantime, I've bought a DJI Spark and even though the camera is basically terrible it's so much fun to fly and so much more stable in terms of keeping a GPS connection that I can't imagine buying another brand. I'm hoping whatever new version of the Mavic Pro comes along will be a true replacement for the quality of video I could pull out of the Karma.

Reactions: 19kRetired
So, when you sell the Karma Drone, will you be keeping the camera and grip?

If I had deeper pockets, the camera and the grip, along with a Mavic Air or Mavic Pro might be preferable, given weight and travel considerations. Of course, for the significant price difference with all the accessories involved, I’m happy to live with the limitations of the Karma for now. I’ve used it for roughly a year without issue.

Reactions: member 1016
I’m selling it all, baby! Haha.
I think the grip is an amazing gimbal but I just don’t see myself using it. I’ve barely used it for the month I’ve had a working gimbal as it is.

Edit- not selling the camera though. It gets used a lot and I actually rent it out quite a bit at the camera rental shop I work at.

I'll probably sell them for $75 obo + shipping. Would prefer pickup if you're in the Austin, TX area and can accept Venmo.

I also have a pack of screen protectors for the controller and a set of those propellors (they're white tho) that are being talked about in another thread.

I'll probably sell them for $75 obo + shipping. Would prefer pickup if you're in the Austin, TX area and can accept Venmo.

I also have a pack of screen protectors for the controller and a set of those propellors (they're white tho) that are being talked about in another thread.
I'm in alabama

I'm sure we can work something out. Once I get the working drone, I'll make a "for sale" post for the items.

I am on my eighth flight with my Karma and had my first GPS loss which was scary nearly hitting a building and drifting over some fishermen who did not look happy.

I will take a look later at the GPS logs from the drone to see if they show missing GPS data and for how long.

I did manage to gain height and regain control (the drone was 180yds from my position).

For the price I paid for it I have been quite pleased with the results.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-19-11-02-29-114.jpeg
    Screenshot_2018-05-19-11-02-29-114.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
I posted on your other thread but this sounds like the exact same issue. The price for this thing is a steal right now but the fear of it crashing into someone or something and causing damage was too much for me. After 2 months, I received a working replacement and sold it immediately. I'm happily alternating between a Mavic Air and Spark right now.

Mdeben,

Please take a chill pill and let those of us who are having no problems alone. Posting your rant on numerous threads is very inconsiderate of others.

Reactions: Shon
Mdeben,

Please take a chill pill and let those of us who are having no problems alone. Posting your rant on numerous threads is very inconsiderate of others.

Just trying to help. Wish I had read some of these before buying is all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS