Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma Drone sale

shuether

Reaction score
So I picked up the Karma drone/H6 combo that Bestbuy.ca hasd on sale right now and I have to say I'm loving it. I've had a Phantom 2 Vision+ for a few years so this is a welcome upgrade. I've had a GoPro since the release of the H5B and upgraded to the 6 when it was released. Its a great camera with a few quirks like any camera. I may sell the H6 that came with the Karma and wait for the H7. Its been a perfect solution to get the H6, which I love, flying.

In any case, anyone have any hints, tips, tricks, things to watch out for, etc with the Karma drone? I'm two flights in and very impressed. I'm flew my P2 a lot in ATTI mode so flying without GPS isn't a concern to me. It seems most of the "fly away" with Karma are pilot related. I do wish there was a way to manually disable GPS on the fly, sometimes the extra drift helps smooth out video moves. I do need to get a few more batteries, hope I can find some cheaper than the $130 Best Buy wants here in Canada.

Reactions: Hummingbird
Sounds like you understand the limits of the tech and are well on your way to enjoyment of the Karma. I would only add that the Kama seems to act “hinky” in urban environments, and may have more signal interference than what you might be used to. Extra batteries are great, but I agree about the cost!

I would only add that the Kama seems to act “hinky” in urban environments, and may have more signal interference than what you might be used to.
Good to know. Though up here flying in an urban environment is generally frowned upon and most often strictly prohibited. I usually fly to shoot photos, mostly landscapes and such so its not much of an issue.

Reactions: Shon
Good to know. Though up here flying in an urban environment is generally frowned upon and most often strictly prohibited. I usually fly to shoot photos, mostly landscapes and such so its not much of an issue.
That’s generally my experience as well.

Yeah i got the same deal as well. It was a no brainer as I wanted a gopro for an upcoming trip, so to get the gimbal and done for another $270 was amazing. Took it out about a dozen times now and have had zero issues.
Not sure what period are complaining about as far as how it flies. Of course there could be a rare glitch, but every drone encounters that. I know my mavic pro does even with the shitty obstacle avoidance everyone brings up with the karma, I prefer not having it because you cannot rely on it at all

Reactions: Ironspear

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS