Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma Drone range extender

Lewis G

Reaction score
Hello fellow flyers.
I’ve recently taken on the task to try and extend the range on my go pro karma. So far, I’ve not touched the drone itself. But have instead tried replacing the two WLB patch antennas for longer range WiFi antennas. I’ve no experience with frequency, gain and UFL, IPX, SMA etc. Could anyone help me with this or offer some advice as I’m not getting gps and now poor wifi signal ? As it stands things can be reversed to normal.
many thanks.

There is a range extender for the Karma. It's called ITELITE DBS Range Extender. I haven't tried it, but there are a few YouTube videos one it. Requires some soldering. Here is a video link that might help, there are also a couple that show you how to install int.

There is a range extender for the Karma. It's called ITELITE DBS Range Extender. I haven't tried it, but there are a few YouTube videos one it. Requires some soldering. Here is a video link that might help, there are also a couple that show you how to install int.

Thanks for the reply. I have seen that one but can’t seem to pull any specs from it, and have seen many videos. I’m wondering if there is someone who could help me donit without the expensive upgrade

There are a bunch of reviews of this on here and it went under a different name I think, for about a $100. All it is are two bigger, therefore more gain) patch WiFi antennas to replace the little patch antennas in the controller. No soldering required. You open case, unplug existing patch connection, connect new cable with connectors that go through holes you drill in case and then put brackets on that hold the new antennas in their case and connect each to the new connectors on the controller case. Yes I fly with one.

Bigger antennas for more gain that can improve range. Problem is all of this dependent on WiFi with very low power (so no license required) and most people tend to fly where there is a lot of WiFi. So yes some minimal range increase is possible, better closer in stability for control and video is possible but expect no huge gains. The Karma was never intended for that and line of sight is legally required in most places in any case. Way out in open country change is more noticeable but again probably operating illegally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS