Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma Drone not connecting to Stabilizer

So what are you saying? What exactly is broken? The gimbal works fine with the grip and the camera. It just doesn't seem to work when it's attached to the drone. What should I replace?

Cant say.
Its thesame symptom but we dont actually know whats the sickness.

its usually the gimbal that goes out but the core drone would be next. I would get a used gimbal set if you really are into making this bird to fly again.
Lets just hope its the gimbal atleast you can get it anytime. The core will not be that easy.

and when you do get it fixed, remember to take the battery and the camera off the gimbal and drone when long storage of a couple of weeks of not planning to use the drone.
take the gimbal off the drone aswell just to make sure no extra current stored inside the gimbal system capacitor circuitry ever to leak into the drones system and mess it up.

I was having the same problem with my brand new Karma. The cure for me came when I downloaded and installed the latest updates from the GoPro website. Have you tried that option yet?

My controller, camera, and grip are up to date. The drone itself isn't because it won't connect so I can't update it.

My controller, camera, and grip are up to date. The drone itself isn't because it won't connect so I can't update it.

Try to take off gimbal from drone and repair the drone to the controller.

you can turn on drone (alone no gimbal) and controller with harm done. Iv done that a couple times.

I was having the same problem with my brand new Karma. The cure for me came when I downloaded and installed the latest updates from the GoPro website. Have you tried that option yet?

Hmm thats funny.

when i completed my karma everything was up to date with latest 2020 firmware this year except the gimbal which had 1.01 firmware.
It never had problems and it did let me turn on and fly without propellers.

Try to take off gimbal from drone and repair the drone to the controller.

you can turn on drone (alone no gimbal) and controller with harm done. Iv done that a couple times.
k, so i tried this. First I unpaired the drone from the controller. Then I removed the gimbal from the drone. Then I tried to pair. The lights on the drone were flashing like they do when you're pairing, but I went to pair on the controller and it couldn't find it. Then I tried the same thing with the gimbal on the drone but had the same results. The controller doesn't find the drone with or without the gimbal when trying to pair. :(

There must be a problem with either the core drone or the controller.

one last ditch to try.

Have you tried to do a full factory reset on the controller? Holding the power button for a number of seconds.
If notjing helps then its either of the 2 above.
Had nothing to do with the gimbal or camera for now if you cant even pair the drone to controller

K, so I tried a hard reset and a factory reset. No dice on pairing the drone to it. I get the same result as before. Does this mean the issue is either the controller or the drone core? I wonder if it's the drone core since even the camera and stabilizer won't connect to it. Will support be able to help with anything?

i cannot tell. Either way its a very costly fix. I wish it was just the gimbal or the controller. They are cheap used.
Core not so much. They also tend to be used and crashed and we will not know if that crashed from ebay may have other problems aswell.

better contact support and wear your battle armour because they will fight you till youre exhausted til you give up.

Last edited:
K, so I tried a hard reset and a factory reset. No dice on pairing the drone to it. I get the same result as before. Does this mean the issue is either the controller or the drone core? I wonder if it's the drone core since even the camera and stabilizer won't connect to it. Will support be able to help with anything?
It sounds like it's your karma core, reach out to customer service. In my opinion, their customer service is by far the best I have ever dealt with. They have warrantied cameras well out of warranty for me and just a few weeks ago I purchased a non-working karma core with the same issue as you off of facebook, I already own 2 others, just for the hell of it I reached out to them and they replaced the core without a problem, so now I have 3 karmas.

alright, so i borrowed a friend's karma.. i swapped out everything and every combination of swap works fine when i use his karma core and every combination of swap doesn't work when i use my karma core. so i think the issue really is with the karma core.

Reactions: Ironspear
If you can read through some of the off the wall stuff here from supposed experts it does appear that the mother boards are the root cause. It was reason mine failed. In spite of some very specific reasons stated it really is not clear what is happening and there really no incentive for GoPro to figure it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: lachlanscotter
My Karma drone sees the stabilizer intermittently. Sometimes it just takes 5 minutes for the stabilizer to orientate to home position and be ready to fly.

The last time it happened, it just would not see the stabilizer after repeated on’s and self turn off. I recharged everything to max and it still wouldn’t see the stabilizer. I then scrolled upwards as if to get to the “ready to fly” screen and the stabilizer orientated and I could fly.
Maybe just a coincidence. The drone has been seeing the stabilizer immediately since (3 flights now). Will report if it happens again and this “scroll up” from the main screen resolves the issue again.

So strange that the drone will see the camera through the stabilizer, but won’t see the stabilizer, sometimes.

Reactions: lachlanscotter
Just a coincidence. Karma drone will not see the stabilizer, but does see the camera through the stabilizer.
I read through many threads on these connectivity issues. If GoPro does not want to support Karma connectivity issues, then release the source code and users will figure it out. A lot of money spent watching a drone to see if it works.

Reactions: dronelover

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS