Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma Drone Backpack?

Rambler358

Reaction score
Has anyone found a good backpack to use with their Karma drone? I'm looking for a backpack that will hold everything the Karma drone case does, plus 2 extra batteries, extra Karma charger and extras props. Can anyone recommend a good, not too big backpack for this?

@Rambler358 I like the backpack that came with the Karma package. FYI: I think you can configure the case to carry up 5 batteries (space for 4 + 1 mounted) if you're not carrying extra blades, grip or charger. So, you need to balance things out. For example, do you really need to carry the charger with you if you are on trail? Im using a small toolbox to carry extra stuff (mounts, accessories, batteries, to support additional go pro cameras for a multi camera setup). I tend to keep that gear in the car, and the flight gear in the pack.

Note 1: unless its a short walk, I tend to remove the blades prior to storage or hiking. (The foam in the case appears to put some (not a lot) of stress onto the arms & blades. I wouldn't want to run with the pack if the karma still had the blades on )

Note 2: Save and use the box that the original blades come in. The box that new blades come in is like 1/4" or so bigger and doesn't fit into the space in the case that accommodates the original box of blades. The original box can easily hold 3 pairs of blades -- the box buldges a wee bit with 4 pairs of blades. The original box is kinda flimsy, so I dont know how long it will last.

Note 3: I use the little foam "U" shaped wedge that holds the camera -- it keeps camera/gimble from fluttering around in the case when moving.

Note 4: Save the box that the extra battery comes in. I use it for storing the battery in the tool box between sessions.

The GoPro Seeker backpack works good. And you'll have room for a water bottle and some extra camera gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Rambler358 I like the backpack that came with the Karma package. FYI: I think you can configure the case to carry up 5 batteries (space for 4 + 1 mounted) if you're not carrying extra blades, grip or charger. So, you need to balance things out. For example, do you really need to carry the charger with you if you are on trail? Im using a small toolbox to carry extra stuff (mounts, accessories, batteries, to support additional go pro cameras for a multi camera setup). I tend to keep that gear in the car, and the flight gear in the pack.
I'm hoping to find something that holds all the Karma gear I'll have (see above), and I can use for traveling on a plane. For other travels, I'm sure the Karma hard backpack will work fine.

@kabonski Does the Seeker backpack have padding or a compartment to keep the drone safe?

It's slightly padded but not form fit like the pack it comes with. I've used it a bunch for hiking with no issues. The Karma is a pretty rugged drone. The only complaints I have for the Seeker pack is the cost and that you can't really leave the props on the drone. GoPro markets the pack for use with the Karma Drone as well so it shouldn't void any warranties or anything like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The GoPro Seeker backpack works good. And you'll have room for a water bottle and some extra camera gear.
Does it have room enough for all the items I mentioned in my initial post?

And this appears to be a clone of the GoPro Seeker backpack at less than half the cost:
Amazon.com : DeKaSi Seeker Backpack for GoPro HERO5 (Specially Design for Sports Camera, 16L) : Electronics

And this backpack claims it'll hold the Karma along with other drones:
Amazon.com : PolarPro Dronetrekker Travel Backpack for DJI Phantom 4, DJI Mavic, and GoPro Karma : Camera & Photo

I'm sure one of these should hold everything I want.

Last edited:
Reactions: McToddy
Another option (which I've had some casual thoughts on is to take the straps of the pack and stash the pack into a bigger bag. Not ideal, but could work if you find a good match. But, not sure how likely you can find a good match.

So far it seems like the Dronetrekker backpack may be able to hold what I need.

And here's a hard case that seems like it'll hold everything, but at almost $200 I'm not sure if it's worth it:
GoPro® Karma® Case | GPC, Inc

Check out the dekasi backpack it's the same thing as a Karma $100 cheaper

I just purchased the dekasi backpack. I can confirm that is holds everything and then some. I haven't actually used it in situ yet, but I would it holds a lot, but it's not as easy to pull everything out to set up the drone. The supplied back was super easy, you could be up and running in under 2min, this might take a little longer because of how everything is specially positioned. Either way, I really like the look and the individual pockets. On the very back, there is a slot for a camelbak, but it can also hold a 13in laptop for traveling.

Note 3: I use the little foam "U" shaped wedge that holds the camera -- it keeps camera/gimble from fluttering around in the case when moving.

@McToddy, I've been trying to figure out how to best protect the camera/gimble while in the case. I've tried to utilize that piece of foam you mentioned but for the life of me can't get it positioned properly. Can you attach a photo?

@McToddy, I've been trying to figure out how to best protect the camera/gimble while in the case. I've tried to utilize that piece of foam you mentioned but for the life of me can't get it positioned properly. Can you attach a photo?
One pic shows how the foam piece is positioned, and the 2nd pic shows it in place. The U part covers the Hero's lens on the outside.IMG_1450.jpg IMG_1451.jpg

I just use a generic laptop backpack to travel with mine on the plane. The blades sit in the firmer extra blades box (not the flimsy one you get originally) and that slots down next to the naked drone in the padded section. There is space for two batteries (taped and bagged) in the front section and there is a little pockets for the gymbal, the Grip, and the Hero5. Plus it has bottle holders (external) and pockets for the extra accessories/crap/food that you might want to take. With two batteries it all comes in under 7kg for carry-on.

I also use a generic bag/hard case box built in with some foam to ensure none of the instruments are knocked during transit. I found that I only take the device out when I'm at the destination or else I would have brought some separate carry boxes for the nuts and crannies but a large carry bag does the job.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS