Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma Dron

Merlin Maggs

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I need you support about karma drone
I have many doubts I fly the dron and there are some airs where it does not allow me to fly it does not let me advance and I need to use it this weekend I need to know how to remove that restriction

Sorry, but as of now there seems to be no way to remove the restrictions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but even if I pay permission in my country I will not be able to fly in restricted areas?

I need your help and support because in the page of go pro never never respond

What I want to know is that if I pay a permisson of restricted areas it is as karma knows that I can fly there

Even if you've paid some fee to fly somewhere, Karma isn't going to know about that. There's no way to tell it that you have permission.

See https://gopro.com/help/articles/Question_Answer/What-is-a-No-Fly-Zone for more information regarding restricted and no-fly zones, and which countries Karma knows about.

Good link and very informative.

I live near the U.S./Canadian border and am having a related issue, whereas the GoPro software is extending a 5 mi. no fly zone around Canadian heliports (as per Canadian sUAS rules) into the U.S. airspace. So even though I am in U.S. Class G airspace I still cannot fly anymore. Hopefully they will address this issue soon. The white/grey line is the border in this picture.

ea614e5c299e8715f3bbc73235a408d9.jpg

Yeah, that's a tricky one for them to deal with, but it looks like you're right - you'd legally be allowed to fly at your location but the Canadian rules are overflowing into US airspace.

I'd make sure you let GoPro know on their forums that this is affecting you. It's a fringe case that they'd probably not see very often, but if you don't alert them they won't prioritise a fix.

Reactions: kabonski
Just wondering: why are the red circles in the center and the left are so much mugger than the one on the right (which is clearly an airport). The airports in my area tend to be "yellow" with LAX being the closest "red". (I'm still trying to get a better understanding of the air space restriction rules.)

Thx, T

Just wondering: why are the red circles in the center and the left are so much mugger than the one on the right (which is clearly an airport). The airports in my area tend to be "yellow" with LAX being the closest "red". (I'm still trying to get a better understanding of the air space restriction rules.)

Thx, T

The large red circles on that picture are Canadian airspace around Heliports and the small red ones are US airports. There are different rules in Canada and the US so that's what why you're seeing those differences.

Interesting.... I guess heliports are larger NFZs due to the potential the helicopters may hold lower altitudes at a wider range near the 'port (when compared to planes, which generally need more space above ground level)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS