Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma Controller issue

Honker47

Reaction score
When I turned on my controller it booted up and then a message said something about a controller issue and to call a number. I didn't write the number down and powered down the controller. Now when I power on the controller the GoPro logo comes on then Karma and the blue line uploads below it and Karma fades downwards. Then nothing what so ever happens after that. I tried the hard reset by holding the power button for 8 seconds and that does nothing. I also notice the 4th light was blinking when I put it on a charge and I let it charge until it shut down and still the controller won't work. HELP!!!

Have you talked with gopro customer support? They might be able to troubleshoot it over the phone.

I would also recommend that if not already, you should be using the actual karma charger and not a USB-C cable to recharge it.

I’ve had some weird things happen with the controller, but most have self corrected.

Have you talked with gopro customer support? They might be able to troubleshoot it over the phone.

I would also recommend that if not already, you should be using the actual karma charger and not a USB-C cable to recharge it.

I’ve had some weird things happen with the controller, but most have self corrected.

I called support and got some lady from the Philippines or someplace I couldn't hardly understand her with her insane accent... She was clueless and only had me do a hard reset as if I hadn't already tried that 10 times already. I bought the drone second hand on eBay and have only used the charger. I got it Monday and flew it for 35 minutes on Tuesday, today when I went to fly it the controller was crapped out completely. I'm taking the battery down to dead and going to try and short it out completely as if I were going to reset the computer in my pickup and hopefully I can short it out and drain it of all power completely and possibly wipe out the memory and clear the software. Then try recharging it and reload the updates.... Not sure how that will go. Meanwhile I have a new controller coming. I also learned that Gopro has gone out of the drone business so after their stock is gone that's it for Karma except for parts for awhile.

It's a great camera platform mate.

It's a great camera platform mate.
When I turned on my controller it booted up and then a message said something about a controller issue and to call a number. I didn't write the number down and powered down the controller. Now when I power on the controller the GoPro logo comes on then Karma and the blue line uploads below it and Karma fades downwards. Then nothing what so ever happens after that. I tried the hard reset by holding the power button for 8 seconds and that does nothing. I also notice the 4th light was blinking when I put it on a charge and I let it charge until it shut down and still the controller won't work. HELP!!![/QUOT

UPDATE SEPTEMBER 27, 2018
I called customer support and got some lady I couldn't understand and all she did was have me try a hard reset. I ended up frustrated and hung up on her. So today I got on their CHAT HELP and got a guy named Clifford. Mind you I bought the drone package second hand on eBay but Clifford didn't care. I had to send proof of purchase and he sent a return label for FedEx, a RMA to send the controller back to them and they're sending me a brand new one out second day air, just like that! GoPro's customer service I must say is above and beyond!!!! That's how you fix this issue LOL

Great to hear about good customer service mate.

Keep on flying!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildman