Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma calibration.

Motown57

Reaction score
The first part will calibrate. The second part always fails. What's the reason please?

G'day mate!
That is not uncommon, its happened to me a few times.
Depends what is around you.
I just moved to a different spot and tried again.
Try another spot 5-10m away.
Oh and you can get interference from your mobile phone to so maybe dont have that on you at the time of calibration.

Reactions: Shon
I have only had to calibrate one time in 10 months. I fly in my neighborhood “Alief Texas”, all the parks, the beach, Seawolf Park and have taken some good videos. I also fly in an area that 2/3 is just for flying remote control planes and unreal jets. They are unreal to watch. The 1/3 of the area I fly in I am able to go out a little over 1000 feet at an altitude between 200’ and 250’. I am able to fly deep into the woods and spot planes that went out of range of their control and crash. It is a great park to learn to fly in. I know a lot of people have had a lot of problems with this drone so I know I am one of the lucky ones. Fortunately I learned to fly drones without GPS so the one time I did lose GPS I was able to control it. The strange thing is this thing is so powerful that it wasn’t that hard to control without GPS.

Reactions: Shon
I have only had to calibrate one time in 10 months. I fly in my neighborhood “Alief Texas”, all the parks, the beach, Seawolf Park and have taken some good videos. I also fly in an area that 2/3 is just for flying remote control planes and unreal jets. They are unreal to watch. The 1/3 of the area I fly in I am able to go out a little over 1000 feet at an altitude between 200’ and 250’. I am able to fly deep into the woods and spot planes that went out of range of their control and crash. It is a great park to learn to fly in. I know a lot of people have had a lot of problems with this drone so I know I am one of the lucky ones. Fortunately I learned to fly drones without GPS so the one time I did lose GPS I was able to control it. The strange thing is this thing is so powerful that it wasn’t that hard to control without GPS.

I don’t think gopro requires recalibration of the compass, but they say it is a good idea to recalibrate the compass if you are flying more than 120 miles from your last flight. If all your flights are around the same area this likely isn’t an issue for you.

I usually recalibrate the compass at the start of a new day of flight, but I routinely travel well over 120 miles in between flights. I do my other calibrations and updates at home.

If you get a compass interference error at the start of your flight, it probably is locational interference, and I agree with Ironspear’s suggestions.

Flying Karma without GPS is not difficult UNLESS you are learning to do so for first time. I have been near somebody who had that happen and flew his quad off into the blue. Karma fairly powerful for size so can get away quick. I firmly believe be because of way marketed and sold many first time pilots having issues. You see same with DZJI but appears DJI GPS more reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ironspear and Shon
Flying Karma without GPS is not difficult UNLESS you are learning to do so for first time. I have been near somebody who had that happen and flew his quad off into the blue. Karma fairly powerful for size so can get away quick. I firmly believe be because of way marketed and sold many first time pilots having issues. You see same with DZJI but appears DJI GPS more reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true. I’ve flown the Karma without GPS on several occasions. I’ve seen similar “fly-away” issues with the DJI drones. I think DJI benefits from having a larger user base, and therefore a much more active user base. DJI users can also download, analyze and share flight logs, which makes it much easier to call people on their BS.

Reactions: Ironspear

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
playboy