Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma Being Discontinued - What do we do?

CaptainKarma

Reaction score
What do those of us who spend a few hundred dollars on a drone, which constantly has to be updated, do once they are completely done with the Karma? Will the drone still be functional?

It would be grounds for a lawsuit if they brick it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

According to press releases they are continuing support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are two articles I posted in the News section of this forum.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

What do those of us whospend a few hundred dollars on a drone, which constantly has to be updated, do once they are completely done with the Karma? Will the drone still be functional?
I would not worry to much updatess takes place typicaly the first year of a Product with 2-5 year life expectency then dwindel of if no serius thing happens. I bought My 3 weeks ago and was suppirced they exited But talked to Customer support In EU and they Even sendt me a Confirmation Mail off continued support

I spoke with customer service rep today. They said that they will still support repairs, replacements, and software updates to the current Karmas. I purchased GoPro care recently and asked them if they would support the drone replacement for the next two years and he seemed confident that they would.

I have only had to do one update since I bought my in December. But... lets be realistic here, this is technology. It doesn't matter what Drone you purchase, there are going to be updates. The updates however are to help your equipment run and operate better and safer, so... you can complain all you want about the Karma updates, but you're going to have those regardless of the manufacturer

I just sent mine in for replacement, could not get it to calibrate so they are going to send me a new core unit, they have much better customer service than DJI. (01-22-18)

So does this mean that the Karma is a collectors already?

Anyways, I hope they could provide support for more than 2 years as what jcrawle2 mentioned.

Reactions: Billybob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
playboy