Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma battery fault

dafuqbaby

Reaction score
Hey, guys.
So I bought myself a GoPro Karma Drone a couple of weeks ago off Ebay and the battery was not charging. It was blinking 4 times and going off. Today I received my new battery that I ordered new from the GoPro site but I seem to be having the same problem. Do you think it's the charger that's faulty or do you guys have any ideas what might be wrong? It's the first time I'm ever using a drone, so excuse me if the question is dumb but I really couldn't find a lot about that issue on the internet.
Thank you in advance!

Hey, guys.
So I bought myself a GoPro Karma Drone a couple of weeks ago off Ebay and the battery was not charging. It was blinking 4 times and going off. Today I received my new battery that I ordered new from the GoPro site but I seem to be having the same problem. Do you think it's the charger that's faulty or do you guys have any ideas what might be wrong? It's the first time I'm ever using a drone, so excuse me if the question is dumb but I really couldn't find a lot about that issue on the internet.
Thank you in advance!

Hey, to me (by process of elimination), it sounds like a charger fault. Maybe that's why they sold it on eBay(?)

There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old & bold pilots.
Hummingbird Media Productions

Hey, there. Thank you for the quick response. The USB Type C is working on the charger because it's charging my controller. Is there a possibility that only the Karma charging port on the charger is not working? Or the whole charger must be dead? I guess if I don't find a solution would just sell it for parts or something.
Thank you again!

Hey, there. Thank you for the quick response. The USB Type C is working on the charger because it's charging my controller. Is there a possibility that only the Karma charging port on the charger is not working? Or the whole charger must be dead? I guess if I don't find a solution would just sell it for parts or something.
Thank you again!

Could just be a bad cable that connects to the battery. I’ve seen the charger sold separately on Amazon (not cheaply), but couldn’t find it just now. If you can buy it there, Amazon has a great return policy. Otherwise, you might be able to purchase it directly through GoPro?

So your prediction is that it might be the charger? I don't really want to spend any more money on that because I've spent so much already. Oh, thank you for the response tho. I've saw the same problem on youtube but the guy didn't say if he found the solution.

I agree with the others and 99.999% sure it's a bad connector from the charger. I know you have spent a small fortune, but to come this far would and abandon ship would be a shame.
Did the eBay listing say there could be a problem with the charger? If not, you are covered for 30 days with eBay and 90 days with PayPal if it was sold with an undisclosed fault. The seller would either have to provide a working charger, the cost of a new charger or you are entitled to send it back for a full refund. In your PayPal account, head to the 'Resolution Centre' for advice & you contact the seller through them.
N.B; The above represents UK T&C's for sales, but I'm sure it will be the same or similar for you.

There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old & bold pilots.

Reactions: Shon
Well I've ordered it in perfect condition. Nothing seems to have been touched, literally. The foils and screen protectors on the stuff are till there. I'm not sure if I've exceeded the 30 days limit or something but would check that out. Probably gonna order a new charger and if it's not the charger then gonna just sell it for parts as I said because everything else seems to be working perfectly. Any other suggestions you might be having, guys?
Thank you once again for all the information! It's my first time being in the US and getting something off Ebay and having actually a problem with it.

Reactions: Hummingbird
It's not nice to receive anything that doesn't work, but there might be an alternative for you. Unfortunately it seems to be a hit or a miss with GoPro Customer Service, however in the UK if a new item becomes faulty since it was originally sold (within 12 months of the date it was sold to the eBay seller), you would be entitled to a replacement charger from the manufacturer directly at no cost other than possibly postage. I can't imagine US law being any less lenient and it saves you the extra $79, which isn't cheap at all.
Ive only been able to fly my beast 5 times, but I love it and once you are up and running, I'm pretty sure you will too. I have to also say that this forum is awesome for views, assistance and no bitchin! It's not often you find that and one reason I will be staying with the Karma. I guess you could say that "It's a good Karma on here"... That was a Dad-joke was it?[emoji15] It's fine, I will log off now...[emoji17]

What connector? The battery plugs into the charger and yes a connector but no wires etc. highly unlikely “connector”. The charger is a four port LiPo balanced charger snd has very little to do with the USB type charger for the controller and grip.
Just because the USB C connector charges does not mean the four port LiPo battery charger is working. It probably is not.

Well I've ordered it in perfect condition. Nothing seems to have been touched, literally. The foils and screen protectors on the stuff are till there. I'm not sure if I've exceeded the 30 days limit or something but would check that out. Probably gonna order a new charger and if it's not the charger then gonna just sell it for parts as I said because everything else seems to be working perfectly. Any other suggestions you might be having, guys?
Thank you once again for all the information! It's my first time being in the US and getting something off Ebay and having actually a problem with it.

Let us know how you get on when you get your new charger. I would still consider contacting the seller, but as long as you can get airborne, that’s the main thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS