Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Karma Back in Action!

All up and running here in South Australia.

Reactions: XerxesZ and Egoodz
I took mine up for about 5-6 minutes, all of a sudden it lost all gps and said it was hovering. I couldn’t see it and no return option. This was last week Jan 15. The controller shows last known location, but I’ve gotten to 0’ away but no drone. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have my license and it’s marked with FAA #s. It’s never acted erratic nor lose all gps and control. Was something going on in the last few weeks?

Sorry to hear that Promar 13. As I have always stressed get it to hover after take off to make sure it has a strong GPS signal.

I took mine up for about 5-6 minutes, all of a sudden it lost all gps and said it was hovering. I couldn’t see it and no return option. This was last week Jan 15. The controller shows last known location, but I’ve gotten to 0’ away but no drone. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have my license and it’s marked with FAA #s. It’s never acted erratic nor lose all gps and control. Was something going on in the last few weeks?
There has been a major GPS fault with the Karma at the turn of the new year. GoPro put out an update for it last week. Did you update yours? The camera needs to be updated first via your PC then the karma etc via your karma controller once that has linked to your home wifi. Good luck, hope you find it. At least you have your details on it so if it is found you may get it back.

There has been a major GPS fault with the Karma at the turn of the new year. GoPro put out an update for it last week. Did you update yours? The camera needs to be updated first via your PC then the karma etc via your karma controller once that has linked to your home wifi. Good luck, hope you find it. At least you have your details on it so if it is found you may get it back.
I didn’t have it updated before the flight, I was unaware of the update until I started going through the menu to find last location. I talked to GoPro yesterday, and they have opened a case, so we will see. The customer service acted like it was a common complaint coming in. And offered 25% off of an 8.
Great advice on the calibration and hovering in place for locked GPS. Signals. Thank you all.

My Karma is back in business. No compass trouble after updating the software. Enjoy a today´s drone photo of my home.

Attachments

• 52962B85-FED4-4B21-8DA0-44342A09400D.jpeg
    52962B85-FED4-4B21-8DA0-44342A09400D.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
Reactions: Ironspear
Well, I had the drone returned yesterday! Only damage is a cracked right rear arm, and of course three out of four props. The battery was still fully charged and the camera. They looked it up from my FAA #s on the drone. I have ordered a new arm and should be up in a few days. FYI the Karma arms are on sell for $29.99 from GOPRO directly with free shipping.

Reactions: Ironspear
Where is home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not flown my Karma in several months. Many reasons but I did fly my bigger beast with long range control and video to test a new flight camera. I was watching things on this forum and wanted to get the upgrade and tried to do so early last week. Got everything charged. Upgraded camera (Hero 5) and downloaded upgrade into controller. Powered up Karma and the stabilizer would not initialize. Could not connect to controller. Could not shut down Karma. Had to pull battery to shut down.

Got on chat support and was told a karma battery issue, go get a new battery, this in spite of having s new never used battery that I had charged up. Bought another battery and of course same results. Also could not to get it to pair again after unpairing.

Waited until today and asked for call back support. Got it within 5 min. or so and found out you could get Karma to initialize without stabilizer installed. So tried and got Karma to pair!! Plugged stabilizer in and restarted and bingo, Karma fully initialized. Everything showed as updated except Karma so initialized update. Took long time and finally said failed, then stabilizer went limp and Karma connection lost. Could not reconnect. Told controller to unpair and took stabilizer out and paired again. Put restarted and took a long stabilizer back in and restarted. Took a longtime to connect to Karma but finally did. Showed updated software on all parts of system. Guy from GoPro said that stabilizer appeared to be an issue so he is sending me a complete replacement. Already on its way! I suspect that is problem also buy if not case number assigned and I am to call back.

Did I say my Karma one of initial batch sold after they put Karma back on market. I have no GoPro Care or GoPro Plus.

So for all those complaining about GoPro they have always supported me. Plus getting the patch out was pretty well done and the product was discontinued some time ago. Just saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Well, I had the drone returned yesterday! Only damage is a cracked right rear arm, and of course three out of four props. The battery was still fully charged and the camera. They looked it up from my FAA #s on the drone. I have ordered a new arm and should be up in a few days. FYI the Karma arms are on sell for $29.99 from GOPRO directly with free shipping.

Great news about your Karma mate, good to see there are still honest people around! I don't think we have that sort of registration system here in Australia yet but I have always put my mobile phone number on mine just in case. I have read that replacing the arms is quite easy.

Good luck.

Reactions: Promar13
I have not flown my Karma in several months. Many reasons but I did fly my bigger beast with long range control and video to test a new flight camera. I was watching things on this forum and wanted to get the upgrade and tried to do so early last week. Got .....

Did I say my Karma one of initial batch sold after they put Karma back on market. I have no GoPro Care or GoPro Plus.

So for all those complaining about GoPro they have always supported me. Plus getting the patch out was pretty well done and the product was discontinued some time ago. Just saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Well done JCLs!
Glad you managed to sort it out.
I too have found GoPro Support to be very good.
Good luck.

Reactions: Promar13
Near Columbia. We drive near there from Houston to Charleston for Charleston Race Week (sailing) every April.

Well it is nice to know that so many people have got their Karma drones back up and running. What I am looking for are the explicit instructions that GoPro posted to cure the problem? Has anyone kept and filed a copy? If you did I would be most grateful!

Hey everybody. So I bought a karma second hand and it’s in great condition but the last update is showing as 1.50. However I am not getting the icon for update. Is there a way to update via usb connecting to computer. Any advice is welcomed.

Hi all.

My karma is still working fine after 2 years of not flying.

I do have a complete doner karma that would not pair no matter what combination i put it through.

Hi all.

My karma is still working fine after 2 years of not flying.

I do have a complete doner karma that would not pair no matter what combination i put it through.
Sorry mate I don't quite understand. Does this mean that you have managed to pair the quad?

Cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS