Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

July 2017 Update of Karma to version 1.51 and missing communication to the Stabilizer

Calcad

Reaction score
I updated yesterday my Drone and Controller to new version 1.51 and now when I try to turn on the Drone and Controller I get this message on the display:
"Stabilizer error - re-insert it, and try again"
I used the Drone last Sunday without problems.
The Drone and Controller have version 1.51 and the Stabilizer only version 1.50, could that be an Issue? and how can I update the Stabilizer manually?
Claus

I updated yesterday my Drone and Controller to new version 1.51 and now when I try to turn on the Drone and Controller I get this message on the display:
"Stabilizer error - re-insert it, and try again"
I used the Drone last Sunday without problems.
The Drone and Controller have version 1.51 and the Stabilizer only version 1.50, could that be an Issue? and how can I update the Stabilizer manually?
Claus
I, too, have reservations about the firmware update that was pushed out in the last few days. Updated to 1.51 on camera, controller, and Karma and took the drone to a nearby lake with a large parking lot to film at sunset. In the middle of a large boat, ramp area, the drone had multiple compass errors. Moved drone several times, still errors. Calibrated compass...successful. Moved drone again. "warming up" message finally goes away...ready to fly. Auto takeoff, hover, move out over largely deserted boat ramp, just over the water, maybe 30m away and 10 meters altitude when the controller disconnects and the drone attempts to do a fly away, fortunately, flying back toward land and, while I was trying to reestablish control, flies into a large tree with leaves and branches, folding up two arms in flight and snapping all four props. Fortunately, it was still generating a little lift when it came out of the tree and didn't smash full force into the ground and so I was good to go once I changed out the props and re-inserted the camera which, initially, wouldn't connect.

So, this is a little disconcerting. I flew it for the remainder of the battery pack but never far away and certainly not over the water. I'm very curious if this firmware update was buggy.

Not sure how much this update is related to losing the connection with the remote controller, but after doing the update, I flew around my house a placed I'm well familiar with and always had good signal. But today surprisingly I lost signal and the drone was just 200' up and 10' away. Luckily I have this map downloaded and the drone didn't drift away and just returned to launch. But now it's making concerned.

After I updated my Hero5 Black to 2.50, my camera always has a connection error. I thought KARMA version 1.51 was going to fix it, but it didn't.

After I updated my Hero5 Black to 2.50, my camera always has a connection error. I thought KARMA version 1.51 was going to fix it, but it didn't.

I had a similar issue. I reformatted the card in the Hero5. Then did a manual update and that fixed the connection issue.

Reactions: Dotdee
I had a similar issue. I reformatted the card in the Hero5. Then did a manual update and that fixed the connection issue.
How did you update it? Hopefully this will fix my problem, recently got the drone and I'm yet to have a flight due to stabiliser and camera issues

I updated the Drone and Controller via the controller over Wi-Fi.
Last week I had a Chat conversion with GoPro Support and the supporter came to the conclusion that the Stabilizer was defect and they will replace it, and this process is going on now.
The supporter also confirmed that the Stabilizer could have the version 1.50 and the Drone and Controller 1.51, and this should be working.
I have the drone for one month and am very happy about it and now I just hope that I will get my stabilizer soon.

How did you update it? Hopefully this will fix my problem, recently got the drone and I'm yet to have a flight due to stabiliser and camera issues

Go here and follow the links

GoPro Official Website - Capture + share your world

From memory the process went something like this, bug I make no promises that I haven't missed a step.

Clear/reformat card in camera. Make sure you have got all of you media off first

Locate the manual download file for the camera as it's this that was at fault and download to your laptop etc

The file is a zip file. So then unzip the two files to root of your machine and copy the unzipped files to the root of your card.

Once that has been done insert the card back into the camera and restart. Wait for the process to complete, your camera may restart several times.

Hope this helps.

Hmmmm. I wonder if I can downgrade the FW in my hero5 this way....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
playboy