Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

I went to the dark side

Matisse

Reaction score
meant to ask... is the smaller footprint tougher to keep VLOS? sometimes it takes me a second to even keep eyeballs on my Karma (oops) I sometimes need to give the joysticks a dart back and forth to catch her back in my sights. lol

Shon

Reaction score
The Mavic Air has a quick shot mode that takes multiple pictures and stitches them into a rectangular 360 photo. You can then create a spherical type photo in post production or a 360 photo like you see on Facebook.

The Air also has a setting that allows individual pictures to be saved, so that the user can stitch their own panoramic photos together.

As I mentioned above, the same effect could be achieved with the Karma, perhaps even more so, because the camera can look up at a higher degree. Someone told me Microsoft ICE is the software they use to do this, but I have never attempted it.

Shon

Reaction score
meant to ask... is the smaller footprint tougher to keep VLOS? sometimes it takes me a second to even keep eyeballs on my Karma (oops) I sometimes need to give the joysticks a dart back and forth to catch her back in my sights. lol
Sorry, I missed this earlier... I suppose it could be an issue. Mine is Red and Black...so it seems to stand out a bit better than white and black. I've certainly lost the Karma..even when it is right in VOS.

Shon

Reaction score
Price and size is not everything! Having to rely on built in sensors to stop you running into trees and the like, even those sensors are not reliable. From recent postings I hear that the DJI cameras are not that hot either.
A guy on the Mavic forums was asking how to mirror his Mavic 2 Pro view on another phone. He was basically told it couldn't be done without spending several hundred dollars on specialized equipment.

I helpfully pointed out that with the "Passenger App", the Karma not only allows another person to view the flight on their phone, they can also control the camera and gimbal pitch!

I agree...as this example points out...price and size are not everything...but I tell you what...I went on a 5 mile hike with the Air the other day...and my knees and back were thanking me! :D

I'm pretty sure the three extra batteries I was carrying weigh less than a single Karma Battery.

Reactions: Ironspear

James Hatch

Reaction score
So Matisse, you took your eye off your Karma! First off, do not wriggle your controls as you may end up hitting something like a tree. First off take your Karma up in altitude gently clear of all obstructions, turn your camera down so you can see the ground below, slowly rotate your Karma, you may see a recognisable object,
even yourself. Once you have established sight gently guide the drone back to you and land. Before landing realign the camera to the upward position.

Shon

Reaction score
So Matisse, you took your eye off your Karma! First off, do not wriggle your controls as you may end up hitting something like a tree. First off take your Karma up in altitude gently clear of all obstructions, turn your camera down so you can see the ground below, slowly rotate your Karma, you may see a recognisable object,
even yourself. Once you have established sight gently guide the drone back to you and land. Before landing realign the camera to the upward position.
I told a longer story about something like this happening to me in another thread. "Maximum Altitude Reached" still couldn't find my drone. Scary situation!

Almost lost my drone today.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdippel007