Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

I about got attacked by a HUGE GOLDEN EAGLE!

Honker47

Reaction score
I was flying all day long at Sheep Creek Canyon and towards evening was flying a MASSIVE WALL and lost sight of the drone. I went to GPS and was flying towards the truck really really high up and trying to get an eyeball on the drone. Finally I seen what I thought was the drone but it was a huge Golden Eagle. Finally I seen the drone and the eagle in the area of it but I didn't think anything of it and actually forgot about the eagle. So I'm sitting here watching the 7 video's i recorded today and all of the sudden here comes this Huge Golden screaming dead at the drone! My jaw hit the floor!!!! WHOA!!!!! I about got taken out!!! On the left side at the horizon line. The Eagle made a second pass high over the drone (last two pics). I have two video's I shot in Sheep Creek Canyon, Utah two days ago on YouTube, honker47 is my handle. Will take days to upload the ones I shot today but eventually I'll get them done. Seeing the speed this eagle came onto me is shockingly hardcore! I'll title it with the Eagle attach in the title. Maybe by Friday.....?

Attachments

• Eagle1.jpg
    Eagle1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • Eagle2.jpg
    Eagle2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
  • Eagle3.jpg
    Eagle3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • Eagle4.jpg
    Eagle4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • Eagle5.jpg
    Eagle5.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • Eagle6.jpg
    Eagle6.jpg
    995.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Eagle7.jpg
    Eagle7.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
Reactions: Shon and Ironspear
Very nice. Maybe it wanted to make friends lmao!!!

Very nice. Maybe it wanted to make friends lmao!!!
Watching some video's on YouTube of Others getting taken out by hawks and eagles. YIKES, way not cool!!! And it does happen. Glad he didn't actually hit the drone and take it out.

Close Call! Birds are definitely one of the hazards i'm looking for when deciding whether to actually take my drone up or not... Sometimes if they are in the area but not close by, I will fly, but definitely keeping an eye out!

Reactions: Honker47
Close Call! Birds are definitely one of the hazards i'm looking for when deciding whether to actually take my drone up or not... Sometimes if they are in the area but not close by, I will fly, but definitely keeping an eye out!
Ya, I was watching a few video's last night and Raptors will try and take a drone out thinking they're probably dinner.

Reactions: Shon
That's it. Our drones are at risk...time to BAN BIRDS!

Reactions: Ironspear
Need to be armed with 12 gauge double barrel shotguns, this is WAR!!! lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS