Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Howdy from San Antonio.

b00tl3g

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I am active-duty (Army), married with 4 kids, and living on Ft. Sam Houston so any flying I do involves a search and a long drive to stay on the right side of the law!

I purchased my first Karma about 10 days ago and 'lost' it 72 hours later...had a loss of connection and GPS, and it took off over a neighborhood, fast.
The last known position area was searched for hours, knocked on many doors in a neighborhood (that looked like Sarajevo in the 90's)...no good. Someone in that area has a drone that won't fly, with a brand new GoPro Hero 6 attached. I will post that story elsewhere...

I was heart-broken...so I bought another.

I have been using my NEW-new Karma even more conservatively than the last one and having a great time.
Finding suitable places to fly is a bit of a hassle , but can also be a fun adventure.

I hope to learn a bit here, and contribute when I can. Thanks!

Hello everyone!
I am active-duty (Army), married with 4 kids, and living on Ft. Sam Houston so any flying I do involves a search and a long drive to stay on the right side of the law!

I purchased my first Karma about 10 days ago and 'lost' it 72 hours later...had a loss of connection and GPS, and it took off over a neighborhood, fast.
The last known position area was searched for hours, knocked on many doors in a neighborhood (that looked like Sarajevo in the 90's)...no good. Someone in that area has a drone that won't fly, with a brand new GoPro Hero 6 attached. I will post that story elsewhere...

I was heart-broken...so I bought another.

I have been using my NEW-new Karma even more conservatively than the last one and having a great time.
Finding suitable places to fly is a bit of a hassle , but can also be a fun adventure.

I hope to learn a bit here, and contribute when I can. Thanks!

First of all, Thank You For your service! Secondly...I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your drone! Seeing tons of Videos on Youtube of Mavic2 Pro flyaways, etc. it can happen to anyone...

Similar to your drone story...My friend and I were helping someone move to a new apartment complex. He absently set is phone down to help lift something...and it disappeared. Using "Find my phone" on my phone, we were able to see that his phone was located in the apartment across the way. He knocked on their door, but they denied knowing anything about his missing phone. He offered a $50 dollar reward if they happened to find it. Low and behold they turned up with it...and he paid them the money. If it was me, I would have called the cops, but my friend didn't want the hassle, $50 dollars was "stupid tax" he was willing to pay.

Anyway...I look forward to seeing some of your footage!

Reactions: b00tl3g
Thank you for the reply, I am glad to be here- I will try to moderate my enthusiasm and not be too annoying!

I was considering putting fliers up, but the camera is worth more than I could pay them right now (and people know that GoPro cameras are great) and the neighborhood is not safe to say the least...considering that the GPS signal was lost too I don't put too much stock in the 'last known location' feature either.

Thanks again fro the welcome!

Last edited:
Reactions: Shon
G'day mate!
Bummer about the Karma. It can happen to the best of us.
Maybe some one will find it and contact gopro with the serial No.
I am just new to this GoPro stuff too.
Have fun, and Welcome!

Reactions: b00tl3g
Thank you for the kind welcome!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS