Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

How is karma in 2020

So in the ferry. Who is holding the camera from the outside if the boat? Was there any other boat beside your boat that had the camera/pole to film you?

So in the ferry. Who is holding the camera from the outside if the boat? Was there any other boat beside your boat that had the camera/pole to film you?

Nope...I filmed the whole thing. :)

The 360 camera edits out the extension pole. Shorter poles disappear. I was using a very light 9 foot long telescoping pole made of carbon fiber...so it bends a bit. If you look carefully at the shots in the Hong Kong video (watch my hands) you can sometimes see it.

The 360 camera captures a 5.4k Spherical video or photograph. After filming, I edit the video to "re-frame" only what I want to show up on a normal video. I can pan, zoom, etc as needed. the downside, is that "re-framed" shots are 1080p as they are only capturing a small part of the 5.4k image. As I said before...the Hero 8 footage (even Hero 5,6,7 footage) looks much better in comparison.

I can also just keep it in 360 mode to use in VR. On Facebook for example, I added the raw video of the Ferry...and friends could manipulate the Video to either look at me, the Ferry, or the Harbor view from a 360 degree perspective.

I've taken similar shots with the Karma Grip. They are not as dramatic. I have to angle the extension pole so that it is out of the shot.

Hmm interesting. Iv never heared about this 360 video. Ill do some reading later.

Hmm interesting. Iv never heared about this 360 video. Ill do some reading later.

Gopro has a 360 camera called Gopro Max. They also released one a few years ago called the GoPro Fusion.

Insta360 just released a camera (Insta360 One R) that has a MAVIC 2 moduale that will edit out the drone, and basically allow you to capture a 360 degree video or photo:

The following video is some raw video I pulled from Youtube of the insta360 OneR with drone mod...you can use your hand to "drag" the footage any direction... it is like magic!

Did you know you can create 360 Panoramic photos with the Karma Drone? Here is one I created by stitching multiple photos together using Microsoft Image Compositor:

NOTE: I did not use the Karma for the above photos. My drone actually has a "Smart" function that will capture multiple photos for this purpose. it spins around and takes 12 photos, "up", "middle", and "down" on 4 sides of the drone. This is something you could do manually with the Karma.

My drone with "stitch" the photos together...but the outcome is often subpar...so I do it myself.

The panoramic photo really looks good.
Thanks for sharing.
Your footage in the hongkong boat looks much better that the insta360 that you pulled from youtube.

Reactions: XerxesZ
I want to update this thread.

i was in a sand dune park near where i live to test the distance ot the karma drone.
Im happy to say that i got more than 500 meters distance and at 60meters altitude with no disconnections from drone/controller and live feed. Except for a bit of sluggish and eventually freezing 1-2 seconds of video livefeed. I still didnt get any disconnections whatsoever.

id like to upload to youtube but im not sure what encoding/format i should render my 2.7k file from karma to davinci and out.

can i get some help?

I have flown my Karma a lot past few weeks with no issue. Furthest flight was 1600ft out, 450ft up. Last updates seem to fix the gps/calibration issues. Currently building a second controller with a Dual 2.4 Ghz long range Circular Polarized Helical antenna. 10000+ ft with zero connection or video issues is the plan ;)

This is insane man. Looks like a timebomb of some sort.
I bet itll fix the connection issues karmas are famous for.
Id really love to buy one already finished including the controller as i need a second controller anyways

Hey all, well i had not flown my Karma in almost 8 months so when I got it all up and ready to go, i seen that there were many updates to be done. I updated the camera first all by itself, then installed in the drone. When that was done i turned it on and let the updates begin. After all said and done it took me about 30 minutes to have the stabilizer, controller and drone all updated. Took it outside and up she went! No issues what so ever...LOVE this drone!!! Haters will always hate because they don't really know what they are doing...Ill take the drone off your hands if you don't want it anymore...IMG_7909.jpg

Hey all, well i had not flown my Karma in almost 8 months so when I got it all up and ready to go, i seen that there were many updates to be done. I updated the camera first all by itself, then installed in the drone. When that was done i turned it on and let the updates begin. After all said and done it took me about 30 minutes to have the stabilizer, controller and drone all updated. Took it outside and up she went! No issues what so ever...LOVE this drone!!! Haters will always hate because they don't really know what they are doing...Ill take the drone off your hands if you don't want it anymore...View attachment 538

how did you store your drone for 8 months?

Did you left the battery-gimbal and camera on the drone under storage?

Well.
I have a sad story guys.

i guess ill make a new thread.

how did you store your drone for 8 months?

Did you left the battery-gimbal and camera on the drone under storage?
The battery was removed from the drone, gimble was still installed, go pro was removed. All batteries and controller charged great. Installed the battery turned on controller and began the update process...Oh i updated the camera separately first....when it was installed the other things updated pretty fast.

Reactions: dronelover
The battery was removed from the drone, gimble was still installed, go pro was removed. All batteries and controller charged great. Installed the battery turned on controller and began the update process...Oh i updated the camera separately first....when it was installed the other things updated pretty fast.

your gut feeling was correct.

because had you left the battery on the drone and or the camera to gimbal then connected to the drone, that would have fried something to the drone’s motherboard and there will be a goood chance you might never be able to fly due to the camera/gimbal or drone not communicate with the controller.

im not saying it will but Its a fact that alot of users suffered after a long pause of the drone not in use.

i always turn on my karma once a week or every other week just to keep the connections going.

I recently bought my third Karma. The first one became uncontrollable and flew away, never found. The second hit out in the ocean and sank My fault!
I liked Karma so much and got so many terrific clips! Most of all you don't need a phone for a screen.
I hope my third will be here for awhile - I sometimes have trouble hooking up with satellites.

Yes.

karma, dispite its shortcomings, is a great drone for flying.

Its also a joy to look at when its facing you and you move that right joystick left-right.

looks like some sort of a flying cyborg.

"Touch wood" mine is still flying.
Got three batteries worth of flight yesterday.
No issues at all.

20200801_175102.jpg

Have fun flying!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS