Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Hi there!

derelekt1

Reaction score
My wife says since I made it to 50 I should get something I like. She said that while the Karma was on sale with the Hero 6, extra battery and extra blades. Derrr, had no choice. My town has a park with a large cleared area set aside for flying RC Aircraft. Perfect for learning.

Already loving it.

My wife says since I made it to 50 I should get something I like. She said that while the Karma was on sale with the Hero 6, extra battery and extra blades. Derrr, had no choice. My town has a park with a large cleared area set aside for flying RC Aircraft. Perfect for learning.

Already loving it.

Welcome glad you have a area just for flying it’s so much fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: derelekt1
G'day mate!
Have fun and be careful.....

Reactions: derelekt1
Just got my first drone at 56 this year and it's a blast!!! I live in Wyoming so the whole state is my practice park, literally!!! My worst beginner mistake is going flying and forgetting to turn the video camera on. I also live where there are super high formations so I had to turn the elevation cap off, 400 ft wouldn't do it! However I'm not flying in excess of 400 feet above anything, jus the point where I'm at at the bottom of mountains. Yesterday I did sports mode at Flaming Gorge Reservoir. Be careful with that mode, it dips really hard to get forward thrust and that makes the drone drop a bunch, on stops it was laying back seriously hard core!!! The stabilizer doesn't show the insanity in the video but the visual is really badass!!! Less than an hour from the upload on my speed demon video on YouTube. honker47 is where my video's are there. I love the flying part, not at all into the editing aspects so all my video is raw footage. OH!!! You must know this straight up!!!! When you get down on battery the drone takes over to return to home. KNOW THE "X" in the lower left and be ready to get control of your drone fast! It's about clobbered formations and other stuff taking control away from me without hardly any warning at all.

Watch out for wind generators, you have a lot of them there! Really neat to get good video of one. Still can’t take off and land in National Parks (not all National Forest land though) and you have a lot of that also.

Used to live in Casper!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard, about to his the 50 year mark myself!

My first recommendations - go slow and buy extra props!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheezy