Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Hi all

RomeoTango

Reaction score
New to the FAA drone arena. Bought a Karma GoPro Hero6 due to camera features and versatility (ability to use camera for other than drone) I've had the toy drones and micro drones not FAA regulated, so this is all new to me. I've already registered and have the AirMap app for the phone. Looking forward to pointers from the seasoned pilots, thank you in advance.

Reactions: Hummingbird
New to the FAA drone arena. Bought a Karma GoPro Hero6 due to camera features and versatility (ability to use camera for other than drone) I've had the toy drones and micro drones not FAA regulated, so this is all new to me. I've already registered and have the AirMap app for the phone. Looking forward to pointers from the seasoned pilots, thank you in advance.

Hi RT,
It sounds like you have been wise to enjoy the fun models and gain experience before going upmarket with the Karma. As a professional, the Karma looks solid and capable to your clients, where a Mavic doesn't have the same impact (although they are fantastic birds).
I also would recommend:-

Drone Start app
Whilst there's some parts that are dji specific, the check list alone is invaluable. As a former pilot, the check list is invaluable and a simple miss of something like securing the battery can have catestrophic consequences, so it's my #1 app.

UAV Forecast app
A straight forward and simple guide with current and forecasted weather.

Magnetology
Whilst both apps above include the KP Index, I prefer to consult all and fly (or not) based on the highest result. A loss of communication between the controller and the Karma would be a devestating loss, but worse if your Karma came down either injuring someone or causing a fatality.

All the apps are free, but I pay £1.59pm for the extra facilities with Drone Start. I hope this helps and welcome to the community!

There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old & bold pilots.
Hummingbird Media Productions

Greetings! RomeoTango.
Welcome to the Forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildman