Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Hero 6 settings when using with drone

mjhamitlon

Reaction score
so I have just decided to start using the drone after it being left in the bag for a few months (have been using the Hero 6 and grip)

With all the threads about falling out of the sky or disappearing into the horizon I thought I would start with caution and fly around the back garden until I am confident

So far only down 4 flight but found the first 2 had 2 common issues happen about 5 minutes into each session

1. Drone would claim camera was no longer connected
2. Controller would claim loss of connection

I literally had the drone about 10ft in front and about 6ft high or thereabouts when this would randomly happen

So I thought about the camera settings
1. Disabled voice commands
2. Turned off WiFi connections

Since doing this the last 2 test flights in the same location and conditions have been 100% without issue

I have a case open with GoPro and have sent the logs etc

Just wondered if anyone changes any of these settings when using the drone - I would have thought that the fw would take care of this but you never know - maybe the WiFi on the camera is causing interfence and the sensitive voice command service is hearing random things

I think (but maybe wrong) that when the camera is in Karma Drone and it displays the drone icon on the front LCD that certain settings are applied to the camera including disabling the touchscreen.
I assume, if it works properly that it disables voice command, sleep mode and the integrated GPS.

I have them all set to off before fitting the Hero 6 anyway.

Don't forget of course that the drone turns the camera power on and off. I have seen some videos where owners power it up before the drone.

I agree 100% - I would also have though the firmware would be set to disable both by default however we all know there are some gaps and glitches

I’ve only done 6 flights now and just noticed I had no issues when manually switching both of before powering the camera off and connecting

May just be coincidence hence I was asking out of interest

so I have just decided to start using the drone after it being left in the bag for a few months (have been using the Hero 6 and grip)

With all the threads about falling out of the sky or disappearing into the horizon I thought I would start with caution and fly around the back garden until I am confident

So far only down 4 flight but found the first 2 had 2 common issues happen about 5 minutes into each session

1. Drone would claim camera was no longer connected
2. Controller would claim loss of connection

I literally had the drone about 10ft in front and about 6ft high or thereabouts when this would randomly happen

So I thought about the camera settings
1. Disabled voice commands
2. Turned off WiFi connections

Since doing this the last 2 test flights in the same location and conditions have been 100% without issue

I have a case open with GoPro and have sent the logs etc

Just wondered if anyone changes any of these settings when using the drone - I would have thought that the fw would take care of this but you never know - maybe the WiFi on the camera is causing interfence and the sensitive voice command service is hearing random things
Don’t waste your time.. it’s the stablalizer. After I made similar attempts to self repair finally made the call to GoPro and they sent me a new stabilizer on them...

No issues with the stabilizer - done several flights now out in the wild and they are all perfect

No issues with the stabilizer - done several flights now out in the wild and they are all perfect
Oh wow. Ok. Please let me know how you resolve this problem. The problems you are having are very similar to the ones I was having prior to the new stablelizer.. It would fly for a few minutes and lose camera connection, sometimes immediately sometimes a few minutes into flight. On the last flight prior to calling it decided to fly away. 3new propellers later I told GoPro they had to do soemthing. Smh

I am not sure if it is related but after the first couple of times it did the camera thing I remove the Hero shoe from the stabilizer - cleaned out the connectors and reseated

No issues since.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS