Hello GoPro Karma Pilot!
Join our Go Pro Karma community today!

Help please

Karma_is_a_!itch

Reaction score
I’ve just received a new Karma drone with a Hero 7. I’m having lots of connection issues. The most common issue is “camera not found” but sometimes it reports a stabiliser issue. Very frustrating.
The Hero 7 is an extremely tight / difficult fit into the harness. Can anyone confirm whether there are different harnesses for different Hero’s?
But anyway, when the Hero is connected to the Karma hand grip it works fine, so I guess there’s no problem with the harness.
Any suggestions?

G'day!

1. have you run all the updates for all the gopro components you have?

2. Have you calibrated the Karma drone?

3. The harness does fit VERY snugly. You just have to practice putting it in the harness and taking it out. Dont force it.

Have a look through this forum and find the preflight checklists that are around.

Good luck and have fun.

Reactions: wilcoxads
@Karma's a b***h Welcome to Karma-dom and all of its problems. Did you purchase a new unit or was it refurbished? Your problem has been my problem for the last 18 months. Have been through 3 stabilizers, 5 harnesses, 3 Karma cores and no less than 50 hours of phone/email time with tech support and GoPro Care. Still get - maybe 50% of the time - a "reinsert stabilizer" or camera not found error but if I play with it long enough it comes back on-line.

Same with my GoPro 7. Sweet camera, but it rarely connects with my drone. I just have given up and I’m using a GoPro 6 and stop getting frustrated about it. I really enjoy the Karma, but I think it’s nothing but a dead horse now! Such a shame to develop the app hardware and software platform and then abandon it.

Same with my GoPro 7. Sweet camera, but it rarely connects with my drone. I just have given up and I’m using a GoPro 6 and stop getting frustrated about it. I really enjoy the Karma, but I think it’s nothing but a dead horse now! Such a shame to develop the app hardware and software platform and then abandon it.

I wonder...is this problem more specific to Hero7? Could just be a quality control issue as well...I personally haven't had this issue, but I use the Hero 5.

Reactions: mitchmilo
I had the problem on the hero 5 it just would never connect. The stabiliser connect fine. I took my GoPro back to Harvey Norman (where I brought it from) and they replaced it with a 7. That worked fine with no issues. After receiving the 7 I was speaking to people about it and they said they had the same issue but because they didn't have warranty on there's they update the software on the hero 5 to a hero 6 and said it works fine now.

I have had the same issue running my GoPro 6. Funny thing is using the stabilizer in the Karma grip it has not happened once. Karma support staff have rarely been any assistance. Most are reading from a pre-scripted sheet, not thinking for themselves.
I have found with mine that if I open the harness and barely loosen the camera (pull back on it like you are removing it) just a bit that it will see the camera. This has been my way to correct it for the last 6 months. Like I said Karma support is anything but support.

i have had no issues at all (knock on wood) with my karma and hero 7. there were some updates it needed of course.. but no issues.. and im getting close to 17mins flight time out of the sport mode obviously.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTFLYS